Could use an Oar in Houston

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
Can't wait for Thursday night kickoff, but in the mean time we could use an extra oar from PJ down here in Houston. This Gopher faithful has been fortunate so far living in The Woodlands, (home of the Winfields) a suburb of Houston 35 miles north. We have had about 15 inches of rain so far with more to come. Keep us in your thoughts, prayers and send us an oar. Go Gophers!

Hang in there HG. My wife's sister put all their furniture upstairs and rented a place in Austin.

Can't wait for Thursday night kickoff, but in the mean time we could use an extra oar from PJ down here in Houston. This Gopher faithful has been fortunate so far living in The Woodlands, (home of the Winfields) a suburb of Houston 35 miles north. We have had about 15 inches of rain so far with more to come. Keep us in your thoughts, prayers and send us an oar. Go Gophers!

Will do and hope you say safe. Donating some money to the Red Cross for Harvey too.

Stay safe! Praying for all of the coastal area there!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Will do and hope you say safe. Donating some money to the Red Cross for Harvey too.

Thanks for your donation. A friend of mine accepted the CEO position of the Greater Gulf Coast of Red Cross just a couple months ago. He is supposed to be in DC this upcoming week for formal orientation. I think he has been officially baptized. He is also the PA announcer for the Houston Texans. Again, thanks for your donation and nothing is too small. We get pretty used to some crazy rains in Houston, but this one is really out of hand.

Good luck and stay safe! Looks like Gopher kickoff will coincide with Harvey finally exiting the area.

Thanks for your donation. A friend of mine accepted the CEO position of the Greater Gulf Coast of Red Cross just a couple months ago. He is supposed to be in DC this upcoming week for formal orientation. I think he has been officially baptized. He is also the PA announcer for the Houston Texans. Again, thanks for your donation and nothing is too small. We get pretty used to some crazy rains in Houston, but this one is really out of hand.

You're welcome and Good Luck to your friend and everybody else down there too.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurricane-harvey

Will do! Nervous for my wife's friend. A neighbor is trying to get her to leave. We hope that she will go. I hope she has a safe route when she leaves. Lots of prayers went up this morning and will continue till Houston dries out.

Stay safe!

Another Houston-area Gopher here. I live in Missouri City, a southwest suburb to be more exact. We've been relatively lucky thus far compared to poor souls in many parts of the city, but if the rain keeps up, it might get dicey here as well. Glad I have the Gopher season to look forward to!

I have some family in the area as well. So far they are okay. Stay safe!

May you all be safe down in the Houston area. It is surprising that they did not order evacuations days ahead of the beach head of Harvey knowing it is going to a Category 4 Hurricane.

May you all be safe down in the Houston area. It is surprising that they did not order evacuations days ahead of the beach head of Harvey knowing it is going to a Category 4 Hurricane.

The governor and the mayor differed on how to handle an evacuation. Our governor simply stated that if he lived in Houston, he would get out. The thing is we didn't really get the hurricane, we got the outer bands that brought all the rain. in 2005 when the hurricane was supposed to be a direct hit on Houston and the entire city evacuated with cars bumper to bumper and unable to move on the highways, it turned out to be a total dud. I just don't know how you would evacuate the 4th largest city in the country.

I have a cousin on my mom's side of the family who lives in Woodlands. Hang in there. Been raining like crazy in the TB area also so you have my empathy.

Top Bottom