Sid Today

IronRanger91

Reaction score
He just referred to PJ Fleck as PJ Claeys to Eric Kaler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And during the Fleck interview, he said "Carpenter" when he meant Juenemann. It's Sid. 'CCO doesn't have the guts to pull him off the air. Sid will be on the air until he dies, no matter how incoherent he becomes.

And during the Fleck interview, he said "Carpenter" when he meant Juenemann. It's Sid. 'CCO doesn't have the guts to pull him off the air. Sid will be on the air until he dies, no matter how incoherent he becomes.

Sid will be on the air WHEN he dies.

Sid is still Chair on the Executive Board for the Minnesota chapter of the Illuminati. Total boss.

He doesn't give a %#@& how you feel about him. He'll quit when he wants to. Just know that you'll never work in this town again, and he'll be making your wife a perfect omelette tomorrow morning.

He has his female assistant who coddles him. She even has to put on his headphones. Mona has to signal to him when it's time to ask the next question of PJ Claeys. Since the Trib has a ghost writer for his column, it's time for 'CCO to hire someone who can do Sid's voice to replace him on the radio.

It is time for Sid to ride off into the sunset or perhaps the ice floe.

I quit listening to Sid 5 years ago. I agree, someone needs to pull his batteries. I realize he is an icon and we will all miss him when he passes. But enough is enough.

I quit listening to Sid 5 years ago. I agree, someone needs to pull his batteries. I realize he is an icon and we will all miss him when he passes. But enough is enough.

Agreed. There have been many broadcasting legends, and they knew when it was time to retire.

It would be different if there were good alternatives... I'll take crazy Sid over indifferent broadcasters, haters, full time smarmy dudes or whomever else would do the job. It's not like this market has a lot of talent waiting in the wings.

Not that I bother to listen to Sid much either... but I don't mind him.

It will be interesting to see what 'CCO does when Sid finally has to leave the Sports Huddle - either through death or declining health.

If they make Mike Max the permanent host, that's when I say goodbye to the Sports Huddle. I cannot stand Max. The problem is that I don't much care for the Sunday show on KSTP, either. they don't have a lot of guests, or take calls, so the host basically talks for two hours non-stop. and KFAN has Justin Gaard on from 11 to Noon. Yikes.

I may have to find something else to listen to during my Sunday morning workouts. Or sleep late, and switch to a Sunday afternoon workout.

Sid's column was my favorite thing in the newspaper for decades. Now I don't read it any more. He is kind of like Willie Mays playing for the Mets. He held on too long

Oh man, I just laughed out loud pretty good reading through this. Sh*t was funny.

Top Bottom