Hockey facility

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Per Shooter
The Gophers’ $5 million, privately financed lower level hockey facility renovation at Mariucci Arena is spectacular, but not nearly as breathtaking as the university’s football facility under construction at Athletes Village.r Shooter

Anybody know what is happening here?

isnt the $5 million renovation last year's news? believe it was phase 1. phase 2 looks to be when they downsize the rink. see strib link from last year below

[url]http://www.startribune.com/gophers-move-into-renovated-mariucci-arena-locker-room/395138391/

[/URL]

"The renovation includes new locker rooms, training rooms, a film room, players lounge, weight room and shooting station. It is privately funded by alumni and boosters."

“Mariucci was built in ’93. There have been a lot of facilities built and upgraded since that time. We need to do our upgrades, too,” Lucia said after the renovations were approved last fall. He helped lead the fundraising campaign and eventually expects the rink size to be updated to NHL standards."

isnt the $5 million renovation last year's news? believe it was phase 1. phase 2 looks to be when they downsize the rink. see strib link from last year below

[url]http://www.startribune.com/gophers-move-into-renovated-mariucci-arena-locker-room/395138391/

[/URL]

"The renovation includes new locker rooms, training rooms, a film room, players lounge, weight room and shooting station. It is privately funded by alumni and boosters."

“Mariucci was built in ’93. There have been a lot of facilities built and upgraded since that time. We need to do our upgrades, too,” Lucia said after the renovations were approved last fall. He helped lead the fundraising campaign and eventually expects the rink size to be updated to NHL standards."

I haven't a clue in what is going on. Just saw Shooter's quote for today's paper. Last I heard the Gophers were having trouble with the water table and as a result some concern as to whether or not they could go down some more. I'm completely out of touch as to the arena right now. Watch them on tv but haven't been there for a while.

Top Bottom