Catch Oregon State vs Colorado State today at 1:30

Oregon St getting housed! I can't watch it, is CSU that good? Or is OSU worse than last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be a little of both at this point. OSU can barely even slow down the CSU offense.

51-27, hoo boy. Turnovers have killed OSU (among other things...It's like the Ides of March out there)

Fleck better have his boys ready to roll because expectations are going to be 4-0 going into October.

Wow, Oregon State. I was really expecting this would be a L for Minnesota. Now I fully-expect a W.

Rhoda, Croft, whoever... QB on the team should be able to pass for 400+ yards on this defense.

I'm not going to let this game fool me.

We are going to be starting an inexperienced QB on the road for the first time this year. Road games are never easy against Power Five conferences.

Hopefully we can compete with them and maybe pull one out!

Go Gophers!

If the Gophers are fortunate enough to beat Oregon State, think it might need an asterisk beside the W. Jus' sayin'

We are going to be starting an inexperienced QB on the road for the first time this year. Road games are never easy against Power Five conferences.

Go Gophers!

BS, Claeys would have rolled this team, Fleck better do the same.

After a long week, I have a lot of confidence in Oregon St playing much better next week and the week after.

BS, Claeys would have rolled this team, Fleck better do the same.

Totally different culture (not to mention QB's, DB's, and O-line).
Claeys was an experienced defensive minded coach with a 3 year starter at QB.

We have no idea how good CSU is.
They could be really, really, good and we just don't know it.

Glad we aren't playing CSU right now.

I think we'll find out a lot about our new D coordinator vs Oregon St.

After a long week, I have a lot of confidence in Oregon St playing much better next week and the week after.

Yes, especially if they take better care of the ball.

They haven't figured out that the ball is the program, yet.

I don't care, we fired a successful coach, and he left behind a treasure trove of defensive talent.
Throw pressure at this QB and they won't be able to move the ball at all.
Their defense can't stop the run.
He isn't making millions to regress Minnesota football.

We have no idea how good CSU is.
They could be really, really, good and we just don't know it.

Glad we aren't playing CSU right now.

I know!!! If Fleck can beat Oregon State with the lousy team he has.......he is the greatest coach EVER!! Right?!!!!

Double BS. Your bit is old. Go find some place and make love to yourself.

I don't care, we fired a successful coach, and he left behind a treasure trove of defensive talent.
Throw pressure at this QB and they won't be able to move the ball at all.
Their defense can't stop the run.
He isn't making millions to regress Minnesota football.

Who was the successful coach?
Any by successful do you mean successfully athletically, academically, spiritually, AND socially?

Go Gophers!

Agreed. Minnesota will not roll over Oregon state easily. The OSU offense has weapons. Their quarterback made some ill-advised, flat-footed throws today but I expect him to be smarter in two weeks. They will challenge our young defense. In the 2nd half their defense wilted in the heat and got discouraged after all the turnovers yielded by their offense. Minnesota can't expect that scenario to be repeated. Yes, the Gophers will run the ball effectively but the quarterbacks will still have to make plays. Let's not make assumptions about today's blowout.

Kind of like Claeys rolled them last year at home with a 3 year starter at QB, or no?

This Oregon State team has regressed significantly.
They look way worse.
Even ignoring the poor QB play.
Their defense has fallen apart.

We were losing to OSU last year and the end of the third quarter 23-17 at home.

With that said, with it being a road game for us this year, and we have new QB's, I'd expect OSU will lead us after 3 quarters by at least an additional TD.

Who was the successful coach?
Any by successful do you mean successfully athletically, academically, spiritually, AND socially?

Claeys, Claeys won 9 games and had us competitive in all of them (except maybe Wisconsin).
He won games which is what I pay to watch.
Fleck's culture bit is for the kids, not the fans.
If he can't win he's going to get run out of town just like any other coach, and Coyle will be right behind him.

Agreed. Minnesota will not roll over Oregon state easily. The OSU offense has weapons. Their quarterback made some ill-advised, flat-footed throws today but I expect him to be smarter in two weeks. They will challenge our young defense. In the 2nd half their defense wilted in the heat and got discouraged after all the turnovers yielded by their offense. Minnesota can't expect that scenario to be repeated. Yes, the Gophers will run the ball effectively but the quarterbacks will still have to make plays. Let's not make assumptions about today's blowout.

If we are guaranteed three Ints like CSU got today, I'll feel better, but I'm not sure our own QB's will handle the ball well. They will both be fresh QB's against OSU.

I mean he won games which is what I pay to watch.
If he can't win he's going to get run out of town just like any other coach, and Coyle will be right behind him.

Why do you hate PJ?
He hasn't even coached a game and you have him on a short leash already.

Why do you hate PJ?
He hasn't even coached a game and you have him on a short leash already.

I don't hate PJ, I hate that he and his supporters are trying to lower the bar for Minnesota football.
Oregon State just put a dismal product on the field, and exposed all sorts of weakness.
Fleck better be able to exploit that.

Claeys, Claeys won 9 games and had us competitive in all of them (except maybe Wisconsin).
He won games which is what I pay to watch.

Sincerely, don't pay any attention to that poster.

Top Bottom