Catch Oregon State vs Colorado State today at 1:30

I don't hate PJ, I hate that he and his supporters are trying to lower the bar for Minnesota football.
Oregon State just put a dismal product on the field, and exposed all sorts of weakness.
Fleck better be able to exploit that.

I don't hate P.J. for it - it's par for the course for most any coach and it's in his own best interest. Many of his supporters here are being very trolly and/or dooshy about it, though. Last year's first-year head coach was a failure for going 9*-4, but this year's first-year head coach will be lucky to make a bowl game - while getting paid almost twice as much, of course. It's a neat little narrative.

Who was the successful coach?
Any by successful do you mean successfully athletically, academically, spiritually, AND socially?

TROLL! Move on. Gophs fan you are not. Worn out bit. Find somewhere else.

We should be able to move the ball on OR St. I like us to run like crazy on these guys. I would be extremely disappointed if we are not 2-0!

Look, I _tolerate_ Fleck's narrative.
But as someone who has been dumping thousands of dollars into this program, it rubs me the wrong way.
Wake up the sleeping giant, culture shift, rebuilding project.
Minnesota football has been through situations that required that before, this isn't one of them.
Fleck is walking into a gift situation that Kill (as much of a distraction as he was) built for him.
New facilities, strong defensive talent, weak OOC scheduling, etc.
He can sell our program to the recruits like that if he wants, but don't tell me that I should be happy with a four win season.

Oregon State was one of the worst teams in the nation vs the run and it looks like that might continue. They didn't seem to have any playmakers at the LB or safety positions, that I could discern. They have some big boys in the middle of their line.

Their QB looks good on the hoof which we know sends the BTN crew into their vapors, but he made some really stupid throws today. Nice, strong arm on intermediate but not very good accuracy down the field. He was incredibly careless at times. The decision to go away from Nall...I don't get it. He's far and away their best offensive weapon and they went away from ball control on a hot day at altitude -their defense was obviously going to get winded. CSU took advantage and gashed them. We can't expect the weather to help us, unfortunately.

Had to love Neuheisel continually ripping Andersen for that. Angling for the OSU job after it opens up?

If we don't defeat the Beavs, big black eye for Fleck. They are not a very good team and their strategy...as a OSU fan how can one not wonder who's next after that display? Andersen has a big hill to climb.

Look, I _tolerate_ Fleck's narrative.
But as someone who has been dumping thousands of dollars into this program, it rubs me the wrong way.
Wake up the sleeping giant, culture shift, rebuilding project.
Minnesota football has been through situations that required that before, this isn't one of them.
Fleck is walking into a gift situation that Kill (as much of a distraction as he was) built for him.
New facilities, strong defensive talent, weak OOC scheduling, etc.
He can sell our program to the recruits like that if he wants, but don't tell me that I should be happy with a four win season.

I've been a Gopher fan for years, but haven't gone for years.
I'm excited about Fleck, so I bought tickets to Buffalo and are taking a couple others with me at my expense for the first time.

Evidently, you don't want fans like me there because we're fans of Fleck and what the vision of the program is.

It's all really weird how someone who is positive about the overall picture is being called out as a troll.

I'm not going to let this game fool me.

We are going to be starting an inexperienced QB on the road for the first time this year. Road games are never easy against Power Five conferences.

Hopefully we can compete with them and maybe pull one out!

Go Gophers!

No team in the country could go on the road and do well against a Power 5 conference. [emoji3]that's too many good players to see all at once

Just because a team is from a P5 conf., doesn't mean they're good. OSU has issues. Yes they will be able to fix some of them before we go there and it is a road game for us, but our Gophers will have played a game and that will help a tremendous amount, especially for the QB's and young guys. Plus Rhoda win on the road last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a Gopher fan for years, but haven't gone for years.
I'm excited about Fleck, so I bought tickets to Buffalo and are taking a couple others with me at my expense for the first time.

Evidently, you don't want fans like me there because we're fans of Fleck and what the vision of the program is.

It's all really weird how someone who is positive about the overall picture is being called out as a troll.

troll 2.jpg

Face the Facts and his buddy/alter ego Cruze and their Wisconsin buds yucking it up. His/their act was at first head scratching because nobody can be as intentionally obtuse as these two.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq" width="480" height="366" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-no-here-I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq">via GIPHY</a></p>

I don't hate P.J. for it - it's par for the course for most any coach and it's in his own best interest. Many of his supporters here are being very trolly and/or dooshy about it, though. Last year's first-year head coach was a failure for going 9*-4, but this year's first-year head coach will be lucky to make a bowl game - while getting paid almost twice as much, of course. It's a neat little narrative.

You are too kind...

If the Gophers are fortunate enough to beat Oregon State, think it might need an asterisk beside the W. Jus' sayin'

Careful. I read somewhere I'm the only that even talks about that. You might be confusing someone.

Evidently my views are not in-line with the direction of the majority of people on this forum, so I'll leave for a week so things can cool down.

Go Gophers!

Claeys was a 2nd year head coach.

Ok - Face The Facts is a little out there and heavy handed...I can admit that. He/she is not a troll though...he/she is just going to the extreme to give Fleck a chance to build a program. He/she is more 'homer' than 'troll.' I think the real trolls are the ones that drawing lines in the sand about what Fleck has to do in year one to not be labeled a failure in an attempt to throw their stones at Coyle and the administration...stop hiding that fact and move on.

As for the OSU game: I only watched the first half because I became bored, and it looks like OSU fell apart late. From what I saw in the first half, is that OSU has a QB that can make a lot of throws if given time, they have a great returning starter at RB (right swingman?). It looks like we should be able to wear them down physically but if our secondary is as bad as feared by some this might be a close game. We have more talent - but Corvallis is a tough place to play...a line that would make me throw my hands in the air would be OSU -1.5. Easily a winnable game - but not a litmus test in either way.

Getting Seth Collins back should give their offense a boost but that's a team that looks like when things go sour they are about ready to fold. Probably one of those games where if the Gophers get out early it should be comfortable. As the game goes on we should wear them down as CSU did. Looking forward to that game next Friday between Colorado and Colorado State. That should be good.

CSU is a solid MW team, but I think this game just got carried away. They are not that much better than Oregon State.

That said, we should beat OSU by double digits as long as we can adjust to playing on the road in what will probably be a hostile environment.

If anyone is worried about going on the road to Or St, how in the hell do you think we are going to win a game on the road in the BIG?

Kind of like Claeys rolled them last year at home with a 3 year starter at QB, or no?

No. Not like that at all. Because that was last year's team, not the team we just saw get beaten like a red headed step child. One game does not a season make, but that was an ugly performance for Oregon State. Everyone on their schedule is feeling pretty good about their chances against them tonight. But, I vote we still play and see what happens.

If anyone is worried about going on the road to Or St, how in the hell do you think we are going to win a game on the road in the BIG?

Oddly enough, going back to the Mason years, many of the "best" (?) Gopher wins have been on the road.

Not sure why, and wish they had more of them any Home, but probably means that they're not that intimidated on the road.

We should beat Oregon State by two touchdowns. We are up **** Creek if we struggle in this one.

Not paying attention to fans like me is why our stadium is going to be half empty to start the season.

The stadium has never been "half empty" and never will be.

Guess what? In the end we have never needed "fans like you", and never will. You are not "fans". I would take a core of 30,000 die hard fans over a full stadiums full of morons...like you. Oh, and welcome to the "ignore list".

Can't wait for the season to start, this back and forth has been boring for months.

Top Bottom