Top 10 Minnesotans in college football — who aren't wearing Maroon and Gold

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

Top Minnesotans in college football (outside of Dinkytown)

The Gophers have several key contributers from Minnesota high schools. Here’s our ranking of Minnesotans outside of Minnesota:

1. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

2. Jake Wieneke, South Dakota State

3. Jack Cichy, Wisconsin (injured)

4. J.C. Hassenauer, Alabama

5. Greg Menard, North Dakota State (injured)

6. Jashon Cornell, Ohio State

7. Ryan Connelly, Wisconsin

8. Alex Hart, New Mexico

9. John Santiago, North Dakota

10. Jesper Horsted, Princeton

http://www.startribune.com/top-10-m...who-aren-t-wearing-maroon-and-gold/441764623/

Go Gophers!!

per STrib:

Top Minnesotans in college football (outside of Dinkytown)

The Gophers have several key contributers from Minnesota high schools. Here’s our ranking of Minnesotans outside of Minnesota:

1. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

2. Jake Wieneke, South Dakota State

3. Jack Cichy, Wisconsin (injured)

4. J.C. Hassenauer, Alabama

5. Greg Menard, North Dakota State (injured)

6. Jashon Cornell, Ohio State

7. Ryan Connelly, Wisconsin

8. Alex Hart, New Mexico

9. John Santiago, North Dakota

10. Jesper Horsted, Princeton

http://www.startribune.com/top-10-m...who-aren-t-wearing-maroon-and-gold/441764623/

Go Gophers!!

All I can say about that list is that the two OL guys at 1 and 4 were tough to lose, but I can understand why we did not get them. The rest of the list is not exactly blowing me away.

Do they still put pictures of missing persons on milk cartons? Maybe they can put a photo of Jashon Cornell out there since I have not seen much about him for a while, since he was not exactly tearing apart the opposition at CDH. If he does not get anything done this year, maybe Urban Meyer will suggest he transfer to St. Thomas.

Edit: I forgot about Cichy at Wisconsin, that kid from Hill Murray is an example of the holes in the star ranking system, as is Blake Cashman. I hope he returns with no loss of skills after his surgery. Also the SDSU receiver did rip apart the TCU defense last year if I recall and we certainly could have used him at MN.

All I can say about that list is that the two OL guys at 1 and 4 were tough to lose, but I can understand why we did not get them. The rest of the list is not exactly blowing me away.

Do they still put pictures of missing persons on milk cartons? Maybe they can put a photo of Jashon Cornell out there since I have not seen much about him for a while, since he was not exactly tearing apart the opposition at CDH. If he does not get anything done this year, maybe Urban Meyer will suggest he transfer to St. Thomas.

Edit: I forgot about Cichy at Wisconsin, that kid from Hill Murray is an example of the holes in the star ranking system, as is Blake Cashman. I hope he returns with no loss of skills after his surgery. Also the SDSU receiver did rip apart the TCU defense last year if I recall and we certainly could have used him at MN.

Wieneke ripped apart pretty much any defense he has played against.

Greg Menard has had a solid 3 years with the Bison. Would be a senior this year but tore ACL and is out for 2017.

I'm a little surprised Robbie Grimsley (Hutchinson) is not on this list. I think not offering him will comeback and bite us.

Cichlids was a QB. They couldn't have projected the impact he'd make as a lb.

Top Bottom