2017 - New Food Options!

I saw thy were upgrading, good to know

I think it was 2 years ago I ate a bratwurst and ended up puking. Wife blames beer (i didn't have that much) I blame the brat

Dang it, I was hoping the sloppy joe nachos they have the Loons games were going to carry over to the gopher games...

I think I will be having some of those Surly Furious cheese curds at the Buffalo game.

Does anyone really think the branded food they sell at the stadium is the same as what is served at the actual restaurant (The Murray's Steak Sandwich for example at Target Field)?

For the $$$ charged I am not sure why anyone buys food at the stadium unless you cannot plan ahead and are really hungry. If I am going down 6th street to a Twins game I am going to Lyon's Pub, Glueks, Ike's or Oceanaire and get more food, with higher quality for less money at happy hour prices before I walk into Target Field right before the first pitch.

The beer is expensive enough, so I do not know why I would buy a expensive crappy sandwich that is not as good as what they sell at Subway for $4, unless I have to.

I like to hit the Tea House by TCF for some pregame appetizers and it is a great thing that the former Hole Lounge/ Leaning Tower on University is now El Loro, with a full bar remaining and some decent moderately priced food.

Excited to see they have Pimiento Jamaican. That's a favorite place for us to get some jerk chicken, with beans rice and plantains.

Does anyone really think the branded food they sell at the stadium is the same as what is served at the actual restaurant (The Murray's Steak Sandwich for example at Target Field)?

For the $$$ charged I am not sure why anyone buys food at the stadium unless you cannot plan ahead and are really hungry. If I am going down 6th street to a Twins game I am going to Lyon's Pub, Glueks, Ike's or Oceanaire and get more food, with higher quality for less money at happy hour prices before I walk into Target Field right before the first pitch.

The beer is expensive enough, so I do not know why I would buy a expensive crappy sandwich that is not as good as what they sell at Subway for $4, unless I have to.

I like to hit the Tea House by TCF for some pregame appetizers and it is a great thing that the former Hole Lounge/ Leaning Tower on University is now El Loro, with a full bar remaining and some decent moderately priced food.

What else are you suppose to do for the 3 hours and 50 minutes of down time during the 4 hour game besides drink and eat?

This is a thread about food in the stadium.

I saw thy were upgrading, good to know

I think it was 2 years ago I ate a bratwurst and ended up puking. Wife blames beer (i didn't have that much) I blame the brat

What do you expect from Wisconsin cuisine?

This is a thread about food in the stadium

Yes, exactly and I am making a point that buying food in the stadium is not a very good idea, unless you are have a lot of extra money to waste or very hungry. Those same people that yammer on forever about food in the stadium, are also the same people that are complaining about the cost of attending an event. New food is going to attract new Gopher fans, right. Winning games is what is going to attract fans, not food, or NFL/ pro level obnoxious noises coming out of the speakers every second of the game.

If you cannot connect the dots HWM then that is your problem.

Yes, exactly and I am making a point that buying food in the stadium is not a very good idea, unless you are have a lot of extra money to waste or very hungry. Those same people that yammer on forever about food in the stadium, are also the same people that are complaining about the cost of attending an event. New food is going to attract new Gopher fans, right. Winning games is what is going to attract fans, not food, or NFL/ pro level obnoxious noises coming out of the speakers every second of the game.

Having a bad day?

Why does it matter to you if I spend $20 on food at the game?

Post was about new food at the stadium. A lot of people like eating at the game. Part of the event.

Also, your rambling post about where you eat before Twins games was super helpful since Gopher football has a lot of games there.

Pizza Luce is where it's at before Twins games. But some of the food at Twins games isn't actually that outrageous. Some people eat at the stadium because it's convenient and they don't have time to eat before the game.

In 8 years going to TCF, I've eaten one hamburger, one brat on a gross wheat bun and one Buster Bar. I have purchased far too many Coke Zeroes to count. For some odd reason, I always end up feeling very dehydrated.

To the point: No one cares about your food problems or where you go to eat. There are no dots to connect in your post. Try a different thread. You're acting like a "protester" who is really an anarchist.

I like the Steak Sandwich at Target Field....

Top Bottom