1500 ESPN selling #notelite shirts at State Fair

If he wanted to attack PJ this was a pretty dumb slogan. Again, I would not take it as a slight vs the Gophers or Fleck. That requires way too much cognitive activity for the average Viking fan. I'd probably look at the person wearing it and say, "yep, you're right". Reusse, up your game.

He had a tweet today that they are selling like hotcakes, which of course means they are not selling.

I'm not sure who the market is for that.

It must be for Reusse lovers who hate Fleck who want to utilize self-deprecating humor on themselves while taking a shot at PJ at the same time. Possibly with a play on being overweight since Reusse also argues that Claeys was fired via fat-ism. (Which would be another concern of Reusse's).

Pat R. takes every chance he can to attack PJ. Calling him a joke, etc... now they print these shirts that are not just a mild twist on PJ, but a obvious jab at his core principles. Pat's joke isn't on the U, but on all the idiots that buy these shirts and promote his thoughts about PJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you take an equal stance on "Who hates Iowa" or "Wisconsin sucks" tshirts? If you are offended or even annoyed that Pat or anyone who buys this tshirt is taking a shot at PJ then you need to take a step back. I mean seriously, who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Embarassing. Why does our local media have to be so negative? We have a legit coach who wants to be here and be great. Let's support him rather than railroad him.

Yup Reusse is notelite. I would have to agree with that.

Embarassing. Why does our local media have to be so negative? We have a legit coach who wants to be here and be great. <b>Let's support him rather than railroad him.</b>

This shirt has zero effect on PJF.

Do you take an equal stance on "Who hates Iowa" or "Wisconsin sucks" tshirts? If you are offended or even annoyed that Pat or anyone who buys this tshirt is taking a shot at PJ then you need to take a step back. I mean seriously, who cares?

So how does these slogan against our rivals compare to a local sportscaster taking obvious shots at our coach before he has even coached a game? It is just another case of Pat trying to annoy U fans and rub it in their faces. If it doesn't bother you then ignore it, but don't claim that it isn't just another part of Pat's anti-U shtick.

So how does these slogan against our rivals compare to a local sportscaster taking obvious shots at our coach before he has even coached a game? It is just another case of Pat trying to annoy U fans and rub it in their faces. If it doesn't bother you then ignore it, but don't claim that it isn't just another part of Pat's anti-U shtick.

Of course it's a shot at PJ. I said as much in the post you quoted. My question is why on earth do you care that Pat and those wearing the shirt are taking shots at PJ. Maybe they don't like him (like many don't like our rivals)? Why care?

1500 doesn't really have enough people listening to it to be considered media anymore. Its more of a group of on-air "Has Beens" bitter that they lost their rights to air live sports.

sat·ire
ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/Submit
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature; More

Pat Reusse wins again. I keep trying to explain this: every time Reusse pokes fun at the Gophers, and Gopher fans get bent out of shape, Reusse wins. He wants to provoke a reaction, and fans who get upset are giving him the reaction he wants.

BTW, Reusse was also tweeting his support for the Gopher Volleyball program, calling it the best show in town - but he hates the Gophers, right?

At the fair today I stopped by a lowly rated all sports AM radio booth in the late afternoon. In the booth an elderly gentleman was reading the sports off his paper to an in-person audience consistently around 10-12 people. I went to the merchandise side of their booth to check out the t-shirts that some on this board has referenced. It was interesting to find out the lowly rated AM sports radio channel was told they had to take the RTB counterfeits off their shelves. #SAD!

A half block away, the highly rated all sports FM channel had about ten times the crowd.

At the U of M location, a ticket person informed me there were only about 15k tickets left for the Buffalo game and 13k for the Middle Tennessee game. Yikes!

At the fair today I stopped by a lowly rated all sports AM radio booth in the late afternoon. In the booth an elderly gentleman was reading the sports off his paper to an in-person audience consistently around 10-12 people. I went to the merchandise side of their booth to check out the t-shirts that some on this board has referenced. It was interesting to find out the lowly rated AM sports radio channel was told they had to take the RTB counterfeits off their shelves. #SAD!

A half block away, the highly rated all sports FM channel had about ten times the crowd.

At the U of M location, a ticket person informed me there were only about 15k tickets left for the Buffalo game and 13k for the Middle Tennessee game. Yikes!

The ironic thing is that KSTP actually does talk about sports. KFAN is this odd mix of sports, politics and humor. I've tried listening to both stations, and I much prefer KSTP because they actually do talk about sports. I may not agree with everything they say, but at least they do talk about sports. KFAN just doesn't work for me. Dan Barreiro does talk sports some of the time, but a lot of it is him monologuing at great length - or Gaard agreeing with everything he says. The "Power Trip" morning show is a mess, from my point of view, and Paul Allen's show is all about Paul Allen. Was listening for a while yesterday, and Allen went on at length complaining about the weather at the State Fair. That's entertainment.

Dan B is the best thing on KFAN, and the Common Man show is probably the only other tolerable thing on that station at least when he has Rosen on to talk Sports. Dan B becomes insufferable for stretches of time and I need to not listen for a month, then return and hope for better radio. Sometimes it works. When Barriero has Mason or even Lou Nanne on it is a much better show than the Justin Gaard ballwashing segments.

Patrick Ruesse from 4-6 on KSTP provides a much better show, layered with a lot of humor and commentary as well, but still based on sports talk. In my mind it is a shame that Patrick is approaching 70 and will not be on the radio much longer as he is very good at it.

Phat said today he really enjoys pissing off Gopher fans. And if he wears a "Not Elite" T shirt, if would be very fitting (although I doubt if they have one that fits him).

Is that for real? They had to take down the rtb shirts?

Perhaps if they added something like Ruesse Tweets Bullsh*t on the shirt somewhere they might have had an argument against a copyright claim.

Yes, they were told to take them down.

This makes me smile. Seriously, screw them for trying to profit off that.
In unrelated news, I heard that 1500 has gotten into burger sales to try and recoup lost profits. They are selling a burger with two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. It's an original creation they're calling a Big Mic.

Top Bottom