1500 ESPN selling #notelite shirts at State Fair

Stan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Geez. How effing scummy is the knockoff RTB shirt? Whoever gave that the green light should be ashamed of themselves. And fired.

Geez. How effing scummy is the knockoff RTB shirt? Whoever gave that the green light should be ashamed of themselves. And fired.

I'd give them a break on the colors at least, a lot of places say "Maroon" and "Gold" that wind up looking like Red and Yellow

I'd give them a break on the colors at least, a lot of places say "Maroon" and "Gold" that wind up looking like Red and Yellow

That it looks bad is the least of my concerns. I'm far from the biggest PJ defender, but Row The Boat is his thing. That media outlet has nothing to do with Gopher football, and the RTB stuff that Fleck sells all goes directly to Children's Hospital, if I recall. Unless 1500 is donating 100% of the profits to charity, they should come under fire for trying to profit off of that.

2d22f368e659e4f995d3586a8d435b28.jpg

I wouldn't buy one, but pretty funny, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulletin board material for PJ. Unless he really does not have a sense of humor, or an ounce of introspection.

That shirt fits most of us grunts. [emoji41]

Many of the commentators on 1500 have not been shy about taking their shots at the university whether it be Fleck, Claeys, Coyle, etc. Not shocked since they are not the home of gopher anything anymore. Not expecting them to be homers but at times come off as a bit petty. Does anyone here not know we haven't won a Big Ten title since 1967? On the flip side, is it surprising to anyone that PA on KFAN has become "Flecknotized" since they have taken over gopher sports?

When you lose Gopher basketball and hockey and have no ratings, this is what you do.

I have always listened to KFAN but not for Gopher sports knowledge. I listen to the stupid morning show. :)

I don't think they have any regular U of M experts on either KFAN or 1500 do they?

The only time I listen for Gopher sports "Experts" would be interviews like this one with PJ Fleck or Ryan Burns etc. They are the exceptions.

I can only assume that "#notelite" is referencing AM1500. Quite the death blow from a ratings-challenged, mid-sized market AM radio station.

Stanley Hubbard will do just fine, with or without your pitchforks. Death blow? Not.

How many other ESPN affiliates sell T-shirts mocking the local major college team? They are trying too hard, it is kind of embarrassing that is the best they can think of....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the nonstop elite speak is overkill but those shirts are just plain dumb

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

If having 1500 sell these shirts honestly upsets you it is time to take a deep breath. Not as good as the "Ann Arbor is a Whore" shirt, but if someone wants to walk around in a shirt saying #NotElite it really isn't any skin off my back.

I don't know why you would buy yourself a #notelite shirt.

I guess the reason I'd maybe buy one is to wear sarcastically 3-4 years from now should we turn things around here.
And by "we" I mean the people and the U, and the fans of Minnesota who are going to make a change in their lives by supporting the U and this team, rather than stay non-invested taking 2 cent pot shots at the school and team.

If having 1500 sell these shirts honestly upsets you it is time to take a deep breath. Not as good as the "Ann Arbor is a Whore" shirt, but if someone wants to walk around in a shirt saying #NotElite it really isn't any skin off my back.

Are you upset that other people might be upset?

Amazed at what will get people offended. I mean who cares?

I don't care about the notelite shirt. Whatever.
The other one? Essentially taking someone else's idea and trying to profit off that ? Sorry. I just don't think that's right.

I don't care about the notelite shirt. Whatever.
The other one? Essentially taking someone else's idea and trying to profit off that ? Sorry. I just don't think that's right.

Yes, that is Busch League.

To me it reads as just another self-deprecating joke, like "I beat anorexia", or "I'm with stupid" with the up arrow. I don't know how it could be taken any other way.

Am I missing something. Has everyone lost their sense of humor , or just looking for a reason to be offended.

Fleck could sue and win.

Maybe, I doubt it'd be worth his while. It's kind of like McDowell's restaurant in Coming To America. It's obvious what they're doing, but there's just enough gray area to skirt the trademark.
Thing is, if they were smart, they'd make up a different acronym for RTB and instruct all employees to stick with that no matter what, but I guarantee if you walk up there and ask what RTB means, the naive intern will blurt out "Row The Boat".

Don't like it? Just ignore it.

To me it reads as just another self-deprecating joke, like "I beat anorexia", or "I'm with stupid" with the up arrow. I don't know how it could be taken any other way.

Am I missing something. Has everyone lost their sense of humor , or just looking for a reason to be offended.

Pat R. takes every chance he can to attack PJ. Calling him a joke, etc... now they print these shirts that are not just a mild twist on PJ, but a obvious jab at his core principles. Pat's joke isn't on the U, but on all the idiots that buy these shirts and promote his thoughts about PJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom