Reggie Lynch - Senior Year

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
As the season nears and the excitement about the team this year and into the future heats up, i feel like the one name i've heard surprisingly little about, is Reggie Lynch. Seems like everyone is looking so far ahead into the future at the new kids that our senior class is a bit unheralded. Does anyone closer to the team have opinions on what we should expect from Reggie this year, does he seem poised for a monster senior campaign? Obviously you hope he can reign in the fouls, but is there any reason to believe he's added anything to his game beyond what we saw last year, or do we pretty much know what we have at this point and should probably expect similar results?

If he can just add some discipline to his game to stay out of foul trouble I'll be happy.

He is remarkably effective for a big whose game is almost all below the rim. His productivity would increase just by staying on the floor for 15 minutes each half.

I'm excited about an amazing Nate Mason campaign. How many times have we fallen victim to an all conference senior guard having a huge game against us?

OUR TURN!!!

The year of NATE!

No doubt Reggie needs to stay on the floor. We are absolutely a different team when he plays. I'm not sure what the answer is, however. It would be easy to ask him to be less aggressive with attempting to block shots and use more of a positional approach, but it is that aggressiveness that makes him a force. An absolute necessity is playing better perimeter defense and not allowing so much to get to the rim.

Reggie got better and better at staying on the floor as the season progressed so i'm expecting that to carry over, just a little bit and a slight boost in production due to a slight increase in minutes per game. Skills wise, I'd say he probably is who he is but we'll see.

No doubt Reggie needs to stay on the floor. We are absolutely a different team when he plays. I'm not sure what the answer is, however. It would be easy to ask him to be less aggressive with attempting to block shots and use more of a positional approach, but it is that aggressiveness that makes him a force. An absolute necessity is playing better perimeter defense and not allowing so much to get to the rim.

He didn't get called for fouls that often when trying to block shots. Seemed to me like most of his fouls were from mental lapses and reaching in at stupid times. Players tend to do that more when they're tired. Maybe he needs to be in better shape? I don't know, but I don't think his shot blocking needs any changing.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reggie is a monster down low. Eliminate the tickets tack fouls and he could play 25-30 minutes a game. I think if he was a little not much but a little leaner that could help withfatigue, cut down on dumb fouls and keep him on the floor. NBA teams can always use a force in the paint off the bench wouldn't rule him out getting drafted in the second round. Hopefully Curry can take more back up minutes at the five by bulking up. If he can play both spots in the front court than we can get more creative with Fitz and Hurt as well at the 3/4 spots off the bench

Interesting time to start learning to water ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially with a surgically-repaired shoulder. You'd think he wouldn't want to tempt further injury right before the season.

The interesting thing to see early on is how far Reggie's offensive game has come after a full offseason where he's able to work with the staff. Throughout the year he showed flashes of being a tough low post threat to stop. If he can play 25-30 minutes a night he can prove to be one of the better bigs in the conference without a doubt. That's what's so exciting about this coming season. We have 4-5 players with the potential of being all conference.

I remember the few games he didn't have foul trouble he didn't foul early in the first five minutes which in other games early fouls set a foul trouble stage. I agree aggressiveness makes him a force, if he can just dial it down until he gets in the flow of the game...

If this doesn't get you fired up about what Reggie can do this year, I'm not sure what will ;)

If this doesn't get you fired up about what Reggie can do this year, I'm not sure what will ;)

...and there you have it.

(I'll just hope his court game is stronger than his fake shot impression game)

Consensus seems to be what i'd thought, that he's probably already played to his ceiling, and could make the most gains by just fouling less. It'll be interesting to see if there are any small refinements to his offensive game, but i'd be content mostly to see a few extra tip-in dunks, preferably of the poster variety, over an opponent with authority. He's fun to watch when he plays as a force in motion.

Top Bottom