STrib: Gophers coach Fleck adds radio, TV shows

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck wants to keep his program in the spotlight, and he’ll do that locally with a radio show and a TV show.

The Gophers announced that “Gopher Football Weekly with P.J. Fleck’’ will debut at 7 p.m. Monday on KFXN Radio (100.3-FM) and will air live on Tuesdays throughout the season. The first show will be taped, but the rest on Tuesdays will be live from noon to 1 p.m. at Joe Senser’s Sports Theater in Roseville. Fans are encouraged to attend.

Mike Grimm, the radio play-by-play announcer for the Gophers, will be the host, and Ch. 4 personality Mark Rosen will be the co-host.

The live Tuesday shows start Sept. 5 and run through Nov. 21, expect for Sept. 18, which is the Gophers’ bye week.

TV show, too

Earlier, the Gophers announced that “The P.J. Fleck Show’’ will debut on KSTP-TV (Ch. 9) at 6:30 p.m. Thursday. After the debut show, the 30-minute program will air at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays on Ch. 9, with a repeat at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays on WFTC (Ch. 29).

Fleck will be joined by Ch. 9 sports anchor Hobie Artigue, Gophers and NFL wide receiver Ron Johnson and 100.3 radio's Justin Gaard.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-coach-fleck-adds-radio-tv-shows/441402443/

Go Gophers!!

per Randy:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck wants to keep his program in the spotlight, and he’ll do that locally with a radio show and a TV show.

The Gophers announced that “Gopher Football Weekly with P.J. Fleck’’ will debut at 7 p.m. Monday on KFXN Radio (100.3-FM) and will air live on Tuesdays throughout the season. The first show will be taped, but the rest on Tuesdays will be live from noon to 1 p.m. at Joe Senser’s Sports Theater in Roseville. Fans are encouraged to attend.

Mike Grimm, the radio play-by-play announcer for the Gophers, will be the host, and Ch. 4 personality Mark Rosen will be the co-host.

The live Tuesday shows start Sept. 5 and run through Nov. 21, expect for Sept. 18, which is the Gophers’ bye week.

TV show, too

Earlier, the Gophers announced that “The P.J. Fleck Show’’ will debut on KSTP-TV (Ch. 9) at 6:30 p.m. Thursday. After the debut show, the 30-minute program will air at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays on Ch. 9, with a repeat at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays on WFTC (Ch. 29).

Fleck will be joined by Ch. 9 sports anchor Hobie Artigue, Gophers and NFL wide receiver Ron Johnson and 100.3 radio's Justin Gaard.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-coach-fleck-adds-radio-tv-shows/441402443/

Go Gophers!!

They expect people to go see it live at that time? I mean, I guess if people decided to go on their lunch break it could work, but I just don't see that happening right now.

They expect people to go see it live at that time? I mean, I guess if people decided to go on their lunch break it could work, but I just don't see that happening right now.

That's the same time it's always been. Here's proof from 5 of the last 6 seasons.

2016:
Gopher Football Weekly with Tracy Claeys will premiere on Tuesday, Aug. 30 and will air on Tuesday throughout the University of Minnesota football season. The show will be broadcast live on KFAN (100.3 FM). The first show on Aug. 30 will air live from the KFAN broadcast booth at the Minnesota State Fair from 12-1 p.m. All other shows will originate from Joe Senser's in Roseville (2350 Cleveland Ave.). Gopher fans are invited and encouraged to attend the live show.

2015:
Gopher Football Weekly with Jerry Kill will premiere Sept. 1 and will air weekly throughout the University of Minnesota football season. The show will be broadcast live on KFAN (100.3 FM) from 12-1 p.m. from Joe Senser's in Roseville (2350 Cleveland Ave.).

2014:
Gopher Football Weekly with Jerry Kill will premiere Aug. 26 and will air weekly throughout the University of Minnesota football season. The show will be broadcast live on KFAN (100.3 FM) from Noon-1 p.m. from Joe Senser's in Roseville (2350 Cleveland Ave.).

2013:
Gopher Football Weekly with Jerry Kill will premiere Aug. 27 and will air weekly throughout the University of Minnesota football season. The show will be broadcast live on KFAN (100.3 FM) from Noon-1 p.m. from Joe Senser's in Roseville (2350 Cleveland Ave.).

2011:
Gopher Football Weekly with Jerry Kill will premiere Sept. 1 and will air weekly on Thursdays throughout the University of Minnesota football season. The show will be broadcast live on KFAN (100.3 FM) from Noon-1 p.m. from Joe Senser's in Roseville.

It's a restaurant

There's gonna be a bunch a people, it's lunch time. Some will be unaware and bothered by it, some will be happy, some will make an effort be there just to see PJ. But there's gonna be people...even if we lose to Buffalo, as some are worried about, there will be people. :rolleyes:

There's gonna be a bunch a people, it's lunch time. Some will be unaware and bothered by it, some will be happy, some will make an effort be there just to see PJ. But there's gonna be people...even if we lose to Buffalo, as some are worried about, there will be people. :roll eyes:

You serious Clark?

Gopher fans are all old, they're mostly retired and have nothing to do.

FWIW, some radio stations will tape-delay the show. The station I work at does not want to pre-empt our Noon News Hour, (can't miss those farm reports....), so we tape-delay the Coaches show until later in the day - usually 6pm depending on Twins and High school sports.

Top Bottom