STrib: Gophers turn Victory Walk into Ski-U-March 2.5 hours before kickoff

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Changes to game day

The Gophers last week announced some changes to the game day experience at TCF Bank Stadium.

A new Ski-U-March will take the place of the former Victory Walk. The team still will greet fans and enter the stadium along with the spirit squad and the band before the game. The Ski-U-March will be held at the same time as the Victory Walk, 2.5 hours prior to kickoff, but the route will now bring the team into TCF Bank Stadium through the Lake of the Woods entrance on the east (closed bowl) end of the stadium, off 23rd Ave. SE near the Gold and Gopher Lots and the student entrance at Gate C.

On Oak Street, the front plaza and lawn of 3M Arena at Mariucci will be host to a pregame celebration before every game, the Gopher Garden Pre-Game Fan Fest. The venue will open three hours before kickoff and feature entertainment for all ages. Food trucks will line up outside the front doors, with beverages available for sale inside the arena. Oak Street will remain closed to vehicle traffic before Gophers football games. The Gopher Garden also will host the Gopher Tailgate Radio Show, which is broadcast live on KFXN and the Gopher Radio Network.

In addition, four new food vendors will operate out of storefront shells in the West Plaza: Ike’s Restaurant, Pimento Jamaican Kitchen, Curds & Cakes, and Jax Café.

The changes will begin with the Aug. 31 season opener against Buffalo.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-coach-fleck-adds-radio-tv-shows/441402443/

Go Gophers!!

When does the band, spirit squad, and the team enter the stadium? Is there a set time before kickoff?

As stated above, still 2.5 hours before kick off

The band and spirit squad come back out that same East entrance about an hour later and march over to do the Plaza show on Oak Street between TCF and Mariucci.

The band and spirit squad come back out that same East entrance about an hour later and march over to do the Plaza show on Oak Street between TCF and Mariucci.

Actually, I've been told its changing a bit this year. The Marching band/Spirit Squad plaza show is apparently moving to the Tribal Nations Plaza instead to accommodate for the extra stuff going on in front of Mariucci this year.

Idk Im confused. I used to go watch the players walk into the stadium. It was after the victory walk. I was wondering if they were still doing that later.

Actually, I've been told its changing a bit this year. The Marching band/Spirit Squad plaza show is apparently moving to the Tribal Nations Plaza instead to accommodate for the extra stuff going on in front of Mariucci this year.

Will they still be marching there and back? Also see you finally made an account :p

Idk Im confused. I used to go watch the players walk into the stadium. It was after the victory walk. I was wondering if they were still doing that later.

The players walking into the stadium was the victory walk.

Top Bottom