Gophers have any need for another forward?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Would be sit 1, play 2.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RJ has speculated (ie no sources currently) at different times that if they strike out on Hunter, they could hold the scholarship into the spring and see if one of the local bigs out of state (Sims, John, or Nikko) decide to transfer due to lack of playing time or something else.

RJ has speculated (ie no sources currently) at different times that if they strike out on Hunter, they could hold the scholarship into the spring and see if one of the local bigs out of state (Sims, John, or Nikko) decide to transfer due to lack of playing time or something else.

Sounds stupid. So his plan is to hold a scholarship just in case a local kid, who isn't good enough to play where he is at, decides to come running back home?
No Way! Pitino has elevated this program past the point of using scholarships on local retreads! (Note, Reggie moved up a level). Local kids had their chance at playing for the U coming out of high school. Now that he has filled the holes in his roster, Pitino will use his scholarships on reloading with new 4 or 5 star HS players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds stupid. So his plan is to hold a scholarship just in case a local kid, who isn't good enough to play where he is at, decides to come running back home?
No Way! Pitino has elevated this program past the point of using scholarships on local retreads! (Note, Reggie moved up a level). Local kids had their chance at playing for the U coming out of high school. Now that he has filled the holes in his roster, Pitino will use his scholarships on reloading with new 4 or 5 star HS players.

Are you trolling? I'm confused. Just read the article. Was on Mountain West’s first team all-conference and all-defensive teams

They could also go after a kid that inevitably asks out of his LOI after his coach is fired, or go after a late riser. There are a lot of reasons they might hold the spot into the spring. The local bigs angle is just one example of why they might not sign a kid in the fall if Hunter goes elsewhere.

Are you trolling? I'm confused. Just read the article. Was on Mountain West’s first team all-conference and all-defensive teams

I think he was referencing the possibility of holding the scholarship for a local kid who initially went elsewhere, not the value of this potential transfer from San Jose St. You're talking about two different things.

I'm sure we would take him in a heartbeat but he'll probably end up at a blue blood. He'll have his pick of nearly any team in the country.

I think he was referencing the possibility of holding the scholarship for a local kid who initially went elsewhere, not the value of this potential transfer from San Jose St. You're talking about two different things.

got it

Update on Clarke

Considering Michigan and Nebraska, among many others.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wonder if all those schools currently have an open scholarship. I thought it was interesting that Iowa took a 2nd commit a couple weeks ago with only one open scholarship and there was barely a mention of it. Clarke would be a great addition to the Gophers and the type of addition that could keep the Gophers in the top of the conference conversation for 2018. That's assuming his stats at the mid major level could be somewhat replicated at the high major level. I would guess that Oregon and Cal would be the favorites given where he's transferring from.

Top Bottom