Most important game?

It's not the most important game, it's the ONLY game...Buffalo! We need to take care of business in 10 days and soundly win a game we should win. Get our offense moving and build up cofidence and get used to patterns in real game situations.

Go Gophs. Beat Buffalo!

Exactly! Let's worry about Buffalo. Right now, that's the most important game.

These type of posts always crack me up. We are fans on a message board, speculating about the Wisconsin game in 3 months isn't going to cause Jon Celestin to lose focus and miss a crucial tackle in the Buffalo game.

This is such a tired take. You're not a player. You're not a coach. You can look ahead. I can look at our crossover schedule for 2018 if I want. That is how fanhood works.

That being said, I think Oregon State is huge to push for a 3-0 start. Let the chips fall where they may after that but a 5/6/7-0 start seems possible if they beat the Beavers

Haha +1.

the most important game is the next one. given all the uncertainty about this team, I just think it's not advisable to look too far into the future. I don't have a clue what the offense or defense is going to look like in the season opener. We don't know who is going to start at QB - but apparently at least 2 QB's will play in the game. There are questions at OL, WR, DB and DE.

I just think everyone needs to dial it back. This is a one-game-at-a-time season. Don't get me wrong - I think this team still has the potential to have a good season. But, I also must acknowledge the question marks.

I just want the Gophers to win the 1st game of the season. after that, I'll worry about the 2nd game of the season - but not until the 1st game is over. etc, etc. etc.

Exactly.

Right. If we're splitting hairs 24 points is strictly speaking. Extra points are extra points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap: Well played! The hope is we can steam roll them with base plays. Might be a reach with first game gitters, new offense, etc.

I get the Oregon State game being pivotal to building momentum, but there is no comparison of that to the need to beat Wisconsin to call this a successful season. Outside of some miracle season where we somehow get 10 wins without beating Wisconsin most of the other win totals will be judged based on whether they include a Badger beating. I'd take 6 wins with an Oregon loss and Wisconsin win over 8 wins with those swapped.

The only reason Fleck needs to win games other than Wisconsin is to make sure people are watching when he beats Wisconsin.

Top Bottom