Palma Kaposi in the World University Games Taiwan

https://www.2017.taipei/home

In Group A Hungary defeated Chili 63-41.

Palma Kaposi in 21 minutes scored 8 points (3-8 from two and 2-2 from the line), grabbed 15 rebounds and had 1 assist with 3 turnovers.

In Group C, Maryland defeated Poland 102-53.

https://www.2017.taipei/home

In their final group A game, Hungary lost to Chinese Taipei 76-64.

Palma Kaposi (31.13 minutes played), 23 points (7/11 from the field and 9/11 from the line), 9 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 turnovers.

Hungary plays Korea on the 25th.

In Group C Maryland defeated the Czech Republic, 73-52.

Hungary in the 9/16 game defeated the Republic of Korea 78-62.

Palma Kaposi played 24:13 minutes. 23 points (7-13 from the field), 22 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 turnovers, 4 steals.

In quarterfinal action, Australia defeated Maryland 76-69.

https://www.testudotimes.com/maryla...-australia-world-university-games-recap-stats

A bit more on the Maryland/Australia game: Last season's Michigan State star, Tori Jankoska (a tournament add), led the way for the Terps.

Tori Jankoska led Team USA with 17 points, but all of them came in either the first or fourth quarter. Kaila Charles finished with 16 points and seven rebounds, and Brianna Fraser was the only other Maryland player in double figures with 10 points.

Baylor rising senior Kristy Wallace led Australia with 22 points, and Alex Wilson contributed 17.

Although Australia only outshot the Terps 41 percent to 37 percent, they had a tremendous advantage on the glass. They out-rebounded Maryland 54-32, including 20 offensive boards. Darcee Garbin and Lauren Scherf combined for 34 rebounds, which is more than the Terps had as an entire team.

Maryland still forced 21 turnovers, but they didn’t matter as much since Australia got the rebound on nearly half of its missed shots.

I did not watch the team very closely last year, but did watch parts of some games, Late in the year I say Kaposi come off the bench, and I had not idea who she was.

I was very impressed with her and thought she was one of our better players and should have been on the floor a lot more. Then again I thought the team and guard play would have been a lot better than it was as well.

Kaposi is long, athletic, and intense and needs to play a lot next year.

Hungary defeated Argentina in the 9/12 game 68-54; but they have been slow finalizing the final stats.

In the 5/8 game, Maryland outlasted Canada 80-75.

Kaposi's stats versus Argentina:

27:58 minutes, 21 points (3-10 from two and 2-2 from three and 9-9 from the line), 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers and 3 steals.

Thus far, in five games, Palma is 35 of 40 from the line.

int the 9/10 game, Hungary lost to Portugal 61-54.

Palma Kaposi numbers: 35:08 minutes, 9 points (3-9 from the field, 3-4 from the line), 8 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 turnovers.

I liked her rebounding numbers. Her 8 rebound effort in her last game was her lowest number.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/090117aaa.html

Palma Kaposi sums up her Universiade experience:

GS: You had impressive stats during the Universiade. What was going well for you on the court? Is there anything you improved during summer practice (or last season) in Minnesota that helped you have a good Universiade?
PK: Thank you! I really enjoyed playing at the Universiade, it was a great experience and challenge for me. I think I did well being a good and supportive teammate to win games as a team. Personally I was focusing on rebounding, footwork and reading the game better. I think I was able to improve my game in these areas because individually I finished third in total rebounds, total points, points per game and fouls drawn in a game in the tournament.

I believe that I also improved mentally on how to read the game better. I was able to do well on both ends on the court in scoring and rebounding the ball to help my team. I believe that conditioning and individual practices during the summer helped me a lot to come out strong in these games. I learned how to play in a faster rhythm in the Big Ten Conference, I learned to use my strength under the basket and I improved my 3-point shooting as well. Last year and the summer practices definitely made a huge positive impact on my game.

Top Bottom