Defensive coordinator wants Gophers to be masters of deception

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Gophers defensive coordinator Robb Smith wants to be a master of deception this season.

While head coach P.J. Fleck has designs on having a 4-3 defensive front at Minnesota, the Gophers’ abundance of quality linebackers and a thin stable of defensive linemen will force the adoption of a 3-4 scheme this year.

It appears Smith’s defense will mix and match fronts, use various nickel packages and find creative ways to use safety Antoine Winfield Jr., one of the team’s most valuable players, and linebacker Blake Cashman, the disruptive former walk-on who led the team with seven 1/2 sacks in 2016.

“(Smith) is very creative,” said senior linebacker Jon Celestin, the leading returning tackler with 80. “He knows how to make everything look the same, and you really won’t know what is coming at you. We can do a lot of crazy things on defense.”

http://www.winonadailynews.com/defe...cle_f83dd5f4-63fc-53ca-a8e3-86521f7cd86a.html

Go Gophers!!

Man I loved that movie

38277UNILAD-imageoptim-Inception-Movie-Theme-Song-1.jpg

Smoke and Mirrors. Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke and Mirrors. Great.

I wouldn't say smoke and mirrors... more like trying to create organized chaos and blitz packages where the oline doesn't know who is coming and who's dropping. Sounds like Wisconsin d...id take that

I wouldn't say smoke and mirrors... more like trying to create organized chaos and blitz packages where the oline doesn't know who is coming and who's dropping. <b>Sounds like Wisconsin d</b>...id take that

Every team tries to disguise their plays. This is a total non-story.

Top Bottom