Mitch Leidner signs with the Vikings

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
"The Vikings have signed former Gophers QB Mitch Leidner and waived LB Darnell Sankey.

Leidner (6-4, 230) joins the Vikings after going undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft. The Lakeville South product attended the Baltimore Ravens rookie minicamp but did not sign with the club. Leidner completed his career at Minnesota ranked 2nd in passing attempts (1,029) and completions (580), ranked 3rd in passing yards (7,287) and 5th in passing TDs (36). He joins fellow Golden Gophers Isaac Fruechte and Marcus Sherels on the roster."

What a time to be alive.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article...8b0-eaa5-44ca-ace9-617783bd6550?sf107818770=1

I guess they heard about the Manning camp. Good for him. The Moose is loose.

Like Stave last year only an injury away from an NFL paycheck. I'm guessing ML7 gets cut when the roster goes down to 53 and if they keep three QBs no use in putting a fourth on the practice squad

Is Teddy still in the PUP list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Stave last year only an injury away from an NFL paycheck. I'm guessing ML7 gets cut when the roster goes down to 53 and if they keep three QBs no use in putting a fourth on the practice squad

Hey he still has a chance! Good for Mitch!

Is Teddy still in the PUP list?

Yes. Teddy still on PUP list and will be there to start the season. He would be out the 1st 6 games of the season. But if i the Vikings. keep Teddy on it for the season. That way his contract carry over to next season.

Did they sign him as a QB?

Unpaid Intern? Could be anything. Probably need a punching bag to put out for the last 2 pre-season games and then will cut him. Outside chance he makes a practice squad, but I doubt it.

The history of Super Bowl championships drew him in.

It is very surprising. We have four quarterbacks to maneuver on the roster as it is. Mitch makes 5. He's coming in too late to be ready to compete or play. They cut the roster to 53 in what? 10 days? Strange... surprising they wouldn't be looking at defensive backs...so far the Vikings can't cover anybody. Waynes is hurt and Newman is elderly. Sherels looks like our best DB. Wait, what?

I don't follow the NFL closely. How big is the practice squad and is Mitch now a lock to make that? Or could the Vikings cut ties altogether in 2-3 weeks?

"The Vikings have signed former Gophers QB Mitch Leidner and waived LB Darnell Sankey.

Leidner (6-4, 230) joins the Vikings after going undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft. The Lakeville South product attended the Baltimore Ravens rookie minicamp but did not sign with the club. Leidner completed his career at Minnesota ranked 2nd in passing attempts (1,029) and completions (580), ranked 3rd in passing yards (7,287) and 5th in passing TDs (36). He joins fellow Golden Gophers Isaac Fruechte and Marcus Sherels on the roster."

What a time to be alive.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article...8b0-eaa5-44ca-ace9-617783bd6550?sf107818770=1

Good for Mitch! He put in a lot of time and effort for the Gophers, glad to see he's gonna make some money for it.

It is very surprising. We have four quarterbacks to maneuver on the roster as it is. Mitch makes 5. He's coming in too late to be ready to compete or play. They cut the roster to 53 in what? 10 days? Strange... surprising they wouldn't be looking at defensive backs...so far the Vikings can't cover anybody. Waynes is hurt and Newman is elderly. Sherels looks like our best DB. Wait, what?

Not anymore they do not. They can keep up 90 players on the rosters until after final preseason game. after that they make the cuts. New NFL rule on that.

Not anymore they do not. They can keep up 90 players on the rosters until after final preseason game. after that they make the cuts. New NFL rule on that.
That's kind of crazy, I'm surprised the players association went along with that. You'd think guys would have a better chance of catching on elsewhere with early cuts.

Hey he still has a chance! Good for Mitch!

Good for ML, even if it's just for what amounts to a cup of coffee. He does seem like a Zimmer kind of player.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zMRrNY0pxfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this just they don't have to play their #2 QB in game four of the pre-season?

They'll bench Bradford and Case Keenum and let Tyler Heineken and Mitch play as emergency backup?

Or maybe this becomes part of a PJ sales pitch to recruits.

That with having an NFL franchise in town, you always get that extra look because the Vikings are loyal to home grown talent.

Just another perk of playing college football in an NFL city.

"Even Mitch got a shot!"

For anyone on twitter, reading the responses to the Vikings tweet is comedy gold.

Is this just they don't have to play their #2 QB in game four of the pre-season?

They'll bench Bradford and Case Keenum and let Tyler Heineken and Mitch play as emergency backup?
Marketing scheme to keep people buying stuff at the Sandcrawler through the 4th quarter in hopes that Mitch gets in the game.

Tyler has not looked very good so far. Add to that the stupid cut foot last year and he may be in Zimmer's doghouse.

Hope he gets a chance to play in the preseason. Happy for him that he gets a shot.

....but haven't Minnesota fans seen enough of this guy?

For anyone on twitter, reading the responses to the Vikings tweet is comedy gold.

For anyone that feels this board is harsh on Mitch take a gander. I realize they're just having internet fun but if for some of them the angst is real over a third or fourth string QB then I don't know. I'd like to think Minnesotans would be a little nicer to a MN boy even if his QB skills are not elite. Most third stringers are not very good or were surrounded by high level talent in college and looked much better than they really are. It's a long list. Maybe, just maybe...Mitch could improve somewhat under different coaching. I doubt it but never say never.

Top Bottom