'The PJ Fleck Show' coming to FOX9, starting Aug. 24

Gaard is hard to listen to as he spends most of time on KFAN playing the "robin" role, sucking up to Danny B (Batman).

The show is generally unlistenable as they spend much of the time in recent weeks whining about Donald Trump for most of the show, as Gaard agrees with everything Dan B says as he pretends he is not a total leftist. Objective WCCO reporter Pat Kessler calls it right down the middle though, no left wing bias there for sure. I bet Pat

I stopped tolerating J. Gaard back at the end of the 2015 season when he was filling in for Dan B. and tried to create a controversy out of nothing after the team accepted a slot in the Detroit Bowl game and the coaches were given a bowl bonus. The great friend of the Gophers, fat boy JG tried to create outrage on the KFAN show about the coaching staff getting the small "bowl" bonus even though they had a 5 and 7 record.

No one called in to agree with him, and then callers started to rip him and he almost started crying. For a guy that crows about losing so much weight, I do wonder what all that stuff is flopping around his waist and belt areas on the sides when he is sitting on the stool for that electrifying Enough Said show. (That Lisa on the show does have one hell of a Fargo accent, though)

Just curious, how much do you weigh?

If you have DirecTV, go to your guide for next Wed. at 6:30 on Channel 9. The name of the show is correct, but if you look at the graphic with PJ's picture that accompanies the description, it says, "The P.J. Fletch Show".
You using the whole fist, Doc?

Well, whatever they are doing it is working damn well. Barreiro's show is widely popular and a ratings juggernaut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barrerio is just speaking to the idiots in Minnesota. Where else could you claim to be a sports talk show and talk politics and movies all day? It wouldn't work in most states.

I mean this state elected governor goofy and al franken. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!

Barrerio is just taking advantage of his situation, which would be having a show in a state filled with idiots. I will give him credit on that.

And as for ratings.................100 year old Sid Hartman has more listeners yet.

Barrerio and Gaard have a top rated show. Only in Minnesota. Seriously, only in Minnesota. That idiot even cheers for every minnesota team to lose. You just can't make it up.

When the gophers play the Badgers for the West championship, Penis Head will be cheering for Wisconsin to crush the Gophers. Secretly, the gopher sideline reporter will be too. Only in Minnesota!

Barrerio is just speaking to the idiots in Minnesota. Where else could you claim to be a sports talk show and talk politics and movies all day? It wouldn't work in most states.

I mean this state elected governor goofy and al franken. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!

Barrerio is just taking advantage of his situation, which would be having a show in a state filled with idiots. I will give him credit on that.

And as for ratings.................100 year old Sid Hartman has more listeners yet.

Barrerio and Gaard have a top rated show. Only in Minnesota. Seriously, only in Minnesota. That idiot even cheers for every minnesota team to lose. You just can't make it up.

When the gophers play the Badgers for the West championship, Penis Head will be cheering for Wisconsin to crush the Gophers. Secretly, the gopher sideline reporter will be too. Only in Minnesota!

So, you are saying the only reason the show is popular is because MN has a bunch of idiots living here. That seems like a pretty rational conclusion and one that isn't biased by your dislike for the show at all.

So, you are saying the only reason the show is popular is because MN has a bunch of idiots living here. That seems like a pretty rational conclusion and one that isn't biased by your dislike for the show at all.

It's probably more to do with a claimed sports talk show that rarely talks sports, but I wanted to take a few shots. And when it does talk sports, it's cheering against the team and people that pay this dumbasses salary. I wanted to get that out of my system. Only in Minnesota!

It felt good, sir.....to let that out!

I watched it and it was ok for the first show. Hopefully, after the first game, they will show some highlights and really breakdown the upcoming opponent. It was certainly far better than that Facebook Live show they tried last year. I watched that, maybe once, and was done with it, it was so lame.

It's probably more to do with a claimed sports talk show that rarely talks sports, but I wanted to take a few shots. And when it does talk sports, it's cheering against the team and people that pay this dumbasses salary. I wanted to get that out of my system. Only in Minnesota!

Glad it worked for ya.

As for the content of the show itself, and yeah, can't call myself a listener, plenty of radio on the East Coast and in LA have shows where the hosts constantly complain about the home team. Except when they're winning big.

Something we NEVER have around here.

The other thing? Unless the sports talk revolves completely around the Vikings, you're not gonna get many listeners anyway. Heard/read too many people say that they like the show because "they don't talk a lot of sports."

Glad it worked for ya.

As for the content of the show itself, and yeah, can't call myself a listener, plenty of radio on the East Coast and in LA have shows where the hosts constantly complain about the home team. Except when they're winning big.

Something we NEVER have around here.

The other thing? Unless the sports talk revolves completely around the Vikings, you're not gonna get many listeners anyway. Heard/read too many people say that they like the show because "they don't talk a lot of sports."

Then don't call it a "sports talk radio".......problem solved!

Also, I'm not talking about the teams being ripped when they lose..........I'm talking about these announcers all cheering against the Minnesota Sports teams. You just can't make that up. Almost all of the KFAN dorks are cheering for Minnesota to lose.

You have a quote, "sports talk radio station" that rarely talks sports, and the hosts are cheering against the teams they talk about. Again, only in Minnesota! If it weren't so hilarious............

Pitino listens all the time. Tweets at the show often. I don't think he'd listen if they were rooting for the hoops team to lose. Also, don't think he'd be a frequent guest either.

Liked the show, more gopher material to get pumped up about. Wish I could have been at the fair to see it live. Justin Gaard is distracting, seemed bored to be there, kept trying to force Ron Johnson to eat something. Found my self fantasizing that Ron would get fed up and put a beat down on him for being a dink.

He's a FOX9 sports reporter.

They often have three "hosts" on their Vikings pregame shows, so it doesn't surprise me that they'd use three for this. It probably won't be a sitdown interview with all four of them on a couch for 30 minutes....they'll probably split up duties, giving one highlights, one doing the interview, one doing analysis, etc.
Right, it was all four them on the couch for only 20 minutes, before questions from the audience. They need to cut someone.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Three hosts is a little odd.

They had Gardsy go to the audience for questions.

Maybe we could add Charchian to the show so we can see his new hair.

I watched it and it was ok for the first show. Hopefully, after the first game, they will show some highlights and really breakdown the upcoming opponent. It was certainly far better than that Facebook Live show they tried last year. I watched that, maybe once, and was done with it, it was so lame.

Next show is still before the Buffalo game, so I'm guessing they'll focus more on that game during the next show.

The show was fine, but it didn't really move the needle for me. I will say that doing remotes from the fair or any location are less than ideal, so maybe it'll be better once back in the studio.

As for KFAN, it's marketed as "sports talk radio" but I think PA's is about the only one that would be classified as a "sports talk show." I think that's where the disconnect comes in. I don't think Barreiro has ever said he has a sports talk show.

As for KFAN, it's marketed as "sports talk radio" but I think PA's is about the only one that would be classified as a "sports talk show." I think that's where the disconnect comes in. I don't think Barreiro has ever said he has a sports talk show.

I don't really understand the complaints about them not talking enough sports.

I was as rabid a sports fan when I was younger as you'll ever find, and back then, KFAN was just starting out. I listened to it daily with Eric Nelson and Larry Fitz, and everyone else.
Eventually it hit me that all that talk didn't mean anything or change anything.

The other change was watching ESPN. I used to watch Jaws and Mark Malone analyze game film, illustrating how one team running a specific play would be unstoppable against the other teams defense, then you'd watch the game and none of it mattered.

My point is, you really can't talk about sports for 12 straight hours and have an entertaining product for the masses.

The next point is, at State Fair, the stations will sometimes take questions from viewers. The typical question everyone will ask the host usually ends up being "How do you think the Vikings will do this year?"

Well, Paul Allen will think 11 or 12 wins. Reusse will think 6-8 wins.

There you go.

Do you want them to talk about that for 8 hours a day everyday? How can you split it down any further?

Barriero talks plenty of sports. His biggest asset are guests of his show. His interviews and conversations with them are great, and he has great variety. From sports guests like Nanne, Mason, Pitino an many others. Mase in Your Face is must listen radio. As was Flip's Friday Funkadelic. Rosenbaum was great too. Kessler is a great listen for all things politics. It is great to be able to catch up on what is going on in this world other that just sports, but still have a show geared mainly towards sports. Without Barreiro, I wouldnt know who Vince Flynn was and wouldnt be as excited as I am for American Assassin to come out. Barriero himself is kind of a ****** with his always claiming to not be a fan of anything, but his show is great and Gaard balances him out very well. Gaard is a big homer. And anyone who says he roots against the Gophers is out of their mind. Any time he has a chance to host, his entire show is Gopher related, and very positive.

I don't really understand the complaints about them not talking enough sports.

I was as rabid a sports fan when I was younger as you'll ever find, and back then, KFAN was just starting out. I listened to it daily with Eric Nelson and Larry Fitz, and everyone else.
Eventually it hit me that all that talk didn't mean anything or change anything.

The other change was watching ESPN. I used to watch Jaws and Mark Malone analyze game film, illustrating how one team running a specific play would be unstoppable against the other teams defense, then you'd watch the game and none of it mattered.

My point is, you really can't talk about sports for 12 straight hours and have an entertaining product for the masses.

The next point is, at State Fair, the stations will sometimes take questions from viewers. The typical question everyone will ask the host usually ends up being "How do you think the Vikings will do this year?"

Well, Paul Allen will think 11 or 12 wins. Reusse will think 6-8 wins.

There you go.

Do you want them to talk about that for 8 hours a day everyday? How can you split it down any further?

Almost all major sports radio stations in the country talk sports the whole time. That's why it's called sports talk radio. And of course it don't matter. Do you think Barrerio's view on baby strollers or Trump matter in the least?

I want to turn on the radio for 40 minutes and hear sports talk on a sports radio station. I know it's nuts, but I don't care about their golf games, their political views, their favorite foods and movies, etc.

I want to hear sports talk............well, because it's supposed to be sports talk.

All Fox News does all day long is politics. Maybe they should do some weather and sports...........LOL

You don't seriously listen all day long do you?

By the way, good sports talk radio is run by the listeners. They call in with different opinions and then others piggy back off those calls. Barrerio just yells into a mic for 3 straight hours and rarely takes calls because he 'd have to know sports. If you want Barreiro's views on politics or the weather, more power to you!

Liked the show, more gopher material to get pumped up about. Wish I could have been at the fair to see it live. Justin Gaard is distracting, seemed bored to be there, kept trying to force Ron Johnson to eat something. Found my self fantasizing that Ron would get fed up and put a beat down on him for being a dink.

Thumbs down on the first show. Gaard acted like a teenager -- thinking that pushing food at Johnson was funny, it wasn't. Overall, it looked like the three hosts did zero prep before hand, the only questions were basically about what PJ thought of the fair. I don't really care if PJ likes Martha's cookies, I'd much rather hear something about football.

Thumbs down on the first show. Gaard acted like a teenager -- thinking that pushing food at Johnson was funny, it wasn't. Overall, it looked like the three hosts did zero prep before hand, the only questions were basically about what PJ thought of the fair. I don't really care if PJ likes Martha's cookies, I'd much rather hear something about football.

Starting to feel guilty that I ruined a super serious 2 minute segment all all about Fair food....

Agree, and it was not Fleck's fault in any way. My suggestion would be to just have Fleck and Johnson...JG and the Fox9 guy actually took away from the show, they both seemed pretty unprepared and almost winging it....

Agree, and it was not Fleck's fault in any way. My suggestion would be to just have Fleck and Johnson...JG and the Fox9 guy actually took away from the show, they both seemed pretty unprepared and almost winging it....

Yep, I agree. Just Fleck and Johnson would be an improvement. Three hosts is too many, especially when the two of them did zero prep.

I want to turn on the radio for 40 minutes and hear sports talk on a sports radio station. I know it's nuts, but I don't care about their golf games, their political views, their favorite foods and movies, etc.

Yeah I feel the same way.

Once in awhile I hit a sports station on the radio and give it a shot and I get ... not sports from guys who are far more qualified to talk about sports than anything else, but instead I get that else.

Or like a lot of folks I just get snark and cynicism and I can do that better on my own than they can do.

Granted the radio is largely dead to me anyway so it doesn't matter much what I think.

Anyway is there a recording of these shows online?

I would think that once they get into the studio, the roles for the hosts will be better defined.

I'm thinking Gaard & Johnson with the review & preview with Coach Fleck and Fox9 guy with a feature (either a player profile or a behind the scenes story).

As you should. Now, go back to cheering for Wisconsin.
While I'm not a big KFAN fan, I do listen frequently. Suggesting that Gaard cheers for Wisconsin is bizarre. Maybe you mean Iowa, even though he doesn't do that, either.

Gaard is mostly positive about the Gophers, talks about them extensively on Sundays and is the most knowledgeable by a country mile.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

While I'm not a big KFAN fan, I do listen frequently. Suggesting that Gaard cheers for Wisconsin is bizarre. Maybe you mean Iowa, even though he doesn't do that, either.

Gaard is mostly positive about the Gophers, talks about them extensively on Sundays and is the most knowledgeable by a country mile.

Plus once the NFL starts up, Gaard will have the 8-9 hour on Sunday talking Gophers, replacing his 11-1 show.

It amazes me that sports talk guys rip on what they call "rubes" for being fans of teams. They will say, "Who would want to go to a Gopher practice? How boring." Yet these jackasses have made a career out of sports while they make fun of us for being fans.

You damn him with faint praise.

Top Bottom