'The PJ Fleck Show' coming to FOX9, starting Aug. 24

joshvanklomp

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What happened to Facebook Live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set to season record, check. Studio crew a plus. Who needs the Big 10 Network opinion?

I think back to the old Murray Warmath show with Rollie Johnson. Then they had Bronko (Bobby Cox's wife I believe) and that moron from Wisconsin who made predictions. I hated the recent coaching shows with Kill and Claeys. They would show highlights and Kill would reverse the play 5-6 times and it was so frustrating cuz you couldn't watch the play. Looks like this show might have some energy (except it has that smart ass Gaard who is heavily influenced by Barriero, the ultimate anti sport guy).

I didn't see Kill or Claeys show on TV. I would listen to their lunch show and that was really dry at times. Claeys especially.

Not "The Gopher Show"?
Great, all about PJ again.

I think almost every market in the Big 10 has a Coach's show. Thank you Channel 9, we now have one also.

I think back to the old Murray Warmath show with Rollie Johnson. Then they had Bronko (Bobby Cox's wife I believe) and that moron from Wisconsin who made predictions. I hated the recent coaching shows with Kill and Claeys. They would show highlights and Kill would reverse the play 5-6 times and it was so frustrating cuz you couldn't watch the play. Looks like this show might have some energy (except it has that smart ass Gaard who is heavily influenced by Barriero, the ultimate anti sport guy).

That narrows it down.

That narrows it down.

Gaard is hard to listen to as he spends most of time on KFAN playing the "robin" role, sucking up to Danny B (Batman).

The show is generally unlistenable as they spend much of the time in recent weeks whining about Donald Trump for most of the show, as Gaard agrees with everything Dan B says as he pretends he is not a total leftist. Objective WCCO reporter Pat Kessler calls it right down the middle though, no left wing bias there for sure. I bet Pat

I stopped tolerating J. Gaard back at the end of the 2015 season when he was filling in for Dan B. and tried to create a controversy out of nothing after the team accepted a slot in the Detroit Bowl game and the coaches were given a bowl bonus. The great friend of the Gophers, fat boy JG tried to create outrage on the KFAN show about the coaching staff getting the small "bowl" bonus even though they had a 5 and 7 record.

No one called in to agree with him, and then callers started to rip him and he almost started crying. For a guy that crows about losing so much weight, I do wonder what all that stuff is flopping around his waist and belt areas on the sides when he is sitting on the stool for that electrifying Enough Said show. (That Lisa on the show does have one hell of a Fargo accent, though)

Gaard is hard to listen to as he spends most of time on KFAN playing the "robin" role, sucking up to Danny B (Batman).

The show is generally unlistenable as they spend much of the time in recent weeks whining about Donald Trump for most of the show, as Gaard agrees with everything Dan B says as he pretends he is not a total leftist. Objective WCCO reporter Pat Kessler calls it right down the middle though, no left wing bias there for sure. I bet Pat

I stopped tolerating J. Gaard back at the end of the 2015 season when he was filling in for Dan B. and tried to create a controversy out of nothing after the team accepted a slot in the Detroit Bowl game and the coaches were given a bowl bonus. The great friend of the Gophers, fat boy JG tried to create outrage on the KFAN show about the coaching staff getting the small "bowl" bonus even though they had a 5 and 7 record.

No one called in to agree with him, and then callers started to rip him and he almost started crying. For a guy that crows about losing so much weight, I do wonder what all that stuff is flopping around his waist and belt areas on the sides when he is sitting on the stool for that electrifying Enough Said show. (That Lisa on the show does have one hell of a Fargo accent, though)

I don't think Gaard was even born during the Warmath era. :confused:

Three hosts plus the Coach. Seriously - why do they need three hosts? I don't live in the Twin Cities, so I have no idea who this Hobie guy is. I can see Gaard because he's part of the radio team for Gopher games. And Ron Johnson is a former player. I would think those two and Fleck would have been plenty.

Unless they needed a 4th for bridge.

JG does try too hard to join Danny in mocking everything including the Gophers. It is a little nauseating trying to listen. Danny does get too political when looking for non-sports topics, but you have to agree that Trump digs most of his own holes.

Are you being held hostage and being forced to listed to that station?

Maybe it's time to change the station. You won't miss it...trust me.

JG does try too hard to join Danny in mocking everything including the Gophers. It is a little nauseating trying to listen. Danny does get too political when looking for non-sports topics, but you have to agree that Trump digs most of his own holes.

Well, whatever they are doing it is working damn well. Barreiro's show is widely popular and a ratings juggernaut.

Three hosts plus the Coach. Seriously - why do they need three hosts? I don't live in the Twin Cities, so I have no idea who this Hobie guy is. I can see Gaard because he's part of the radio team for Gopher games. And Ron Johnson is a former player. I would think those two and Fleck would have been plenty.

Unless they needed a 4th for bridge.

He's a FOX9 sports reporter.

They often have three "hosts" on their Vikings pregame shows, so it doesn't surprise me that they'd use three for this. It probably won't be a sitdown interview with all four of them on a couch for 30 minutes....they'll probably split up duties, giving one highlights, one doing the interview, one doing analysis, etc.

I think almost every market in the Big 10 has a Coach's show. Thank you Channel 9, we now have one also.

We've had a coach's show every year for at least the last 5 years.

Are you being held hostage and being forced to listed to that station?

Maybe it's time to change the station. You won't miss it...trust me.

I do appreciate Dan Barreiro at times, but he wears on me a lot faster than he used to, and regardless of how many holes Trump digs for himself, hearing Dan whine about Trump for over half the show is making it hard to listen.

I have to drive about a half hour each way most days now, so I am usually looking to listen to some talk radio so I will listen to the show. I discovered a few years back that I'd much prefer to listen to Patrick Ruesse most of the time on KSTP. Pat is always fairly interesting, talks a lot more sports than anyone on KFAN other than Rosen, and is very amusing. People on this board claim that Pat is your typical angry, bitter, dry drunk, but I think he is anything but angry. Pat is very good on the radio and usually has some fairly decent comedic observations. He interacts with other on air talent as well. Some of Pat's best material involves references to his drinking days when he was on the road as a Twins beat reporter.

I usually listen to 1500 after work until a commercial, then try KFAN to see how long I can tolerate it. Barreiro is pretty good with Lou Nanne as a guest (and I am no Hockey fan), and really great with Mason.

Didn't have one on TV last year....and when was the last time there was one that was on locally over-the-air?

I didn't comment on either of those things, and those weren't addressed in the post I responded to.

I actually thought that one bit where Jerry showed some plays was the best part of the show. It was dry.... but it was also actual football...

Top Bottom