'The PJ Fleck Show' coming to FOX9, starting Aug. 24

While I'm not a big KFAN fan, I do listen frequently. Suggesting that Gaard cheers for Wisconsin is bizarre. Maybe you mean Iowa, even though he doesn't do that, either.

Gaard is mostly positive about the Gophers, talks about them extensively on Sundays and is the most knowledgeable by a country mile.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another poster "Goldteam" suggested that earlier in the thread. I was just poking fun. Goldteam was well known at the now defunct Rube Chat for being a little off his rocker.

Almost all major sports radio stations in the country talk sports the whole time. That's why it's called sports talk radio. And of course it don't matter. Do you think Barrerio's view on baby strollers or Trump matter in the least?

I want to turn on the radio for 40 minutes and hear sports talk on a sports radio station. I know it's nuts, but I don't care about their golf games, their political views, their favorite foods and movies, etc.

I want to hear sports talk............well, because it's supposed to be sports talk.

All Fox News does all day long is politics. Maybe they should do some weather and sports...........LOL

You don't seriously listen all day long do you?

By the way, good sports talk radio is run by the listeners. They call in with different opinions and then others piggy back off those calls. Barrerio just yells into a mic for 3 straight hours and rarely takes calls because he 'd have to know sports. If you want Barreiro's views on politics or the weather, more power to you!

Many stations have tried and failed to do sports 24/7 - especially here and in other smaller markets. You are in the minority for wanting that in the Twin Cities. If it is what you crave then get satellite radio --- or eat the sports pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many stations have tried and failed to do sports 24/7 - especially here and in other smaller markets. You are in the minority for wanting that in the Twin Cities. If it is what you crave then get satellite radio --- or eat the sports pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EAT THOSE NEWSPAPERS!

Man, some of you are BRUTAL! I hate having to defend Gaardsy because I can't stand him ;). But seriously - this is all good news. Having the Fleck show. Having multiple hosts to promote it. Having Gaardsy have such passion for the Gophers, and cover it so much is a good thing. Having Fleck bring so much national attention to our program is good.

Man, you guys just like having something to complain about!

Man, some of you are BRUTAL! I hate having to defend Gaardsy because I can't stand him ;). But seriously - this is all good news. Having the Fleck show. Having multiple hosts to promote it. Having Gaardsy have such passion for the Gophers, and cover it so much is a good thing. Having Fleck bring so much national attention to our program is good.

JG is getting paid to cover the Gophs. Like I said just PJ and RJ. Done.

JG is getting paid to cover the Gophs. Like I said just PJ and RJ. Done.

Lol - you do realize every single reporter is paid to cover the Gophers, right?

We'll have to make you the sports director at Fox 9 so you can make these decisions...not sure why it bothers you so much???

We'll have to make you the sports director at Fox 9 so you can make these decisions...not sure why it bothers you so much???

PMW rarely knows what he's talking about. Don't waste your brain power trying to figure him out.

It gets tough around here so close to the season. Everybody is getting their panties in a bunch over tiny things, we really need next thursday to get here to break the stress.

Go Gophers!

He's a reporter? Thought he was part of the broadcast team. Who pays his salary for doing that?

Fox9 has a sports director? Could have fooled me...you did watch the show, yes?

Don't have any problem with Gaard, but like they say, if you have 3 hosts, you don't have any..;)

Just curious, how much do you weigh? (from WinLoseOrTry

I am 6'2" and played HS football and basketball at about 180 to 190 lbs. as a TE and DE (and undersized forward in BB) In college I tried to be a old fashioned 5-2 D DE (I should have been a Safety)at about 200 lbs and could not put on any weight no matter how much I lifted and this was in the middle of the steroid era in DIII football. Maybe I should have tried the 'roids (not really).

The most I have ever weighed is probably about 215 or 220, but usually I can get down to about 202 if I work out like crazy by riding my bike and playing basketball. I weigh 205 right now and I did a triathlon last week and generally was worthless. 20.1 MPH for 18 miles on the bike and 29 minute 5K, horrible swim time, I am 52

I dove into a wave Lake Superior at a great beach (Myers Beach) near Red Cliff Wi on the "south shore" this week and the GF took a pic. of me from behind, and I was sad to see how bad my side/back fat looked for being in 'good shape" so I guess getting old takes a toll. I guess I am not crowing about great I look in my 30s , as a former DI tennis player, like Gard is now on the radio though.

Yeah I feel the same way.

Once in awhile I hit a sports station on the radio and give it a shot and I get ... not sports from guys who are far more qualified to talk about sports than anything else, but instead I get that else.

Or like a lot of folks I just get snark and cynicism and I can do that better on my own than they can do.

Granted the radio is largely dead to me anyway so it doesn't matter much what I think.

Anyway is there a recording of these shows online?

Yes, the snark and cynicism stuff..........so hilarious every single day!

When they start telling me the wolves and gophers haven't won big in years, well, "talk about alert the media stuff". LOL

Man why is everyone debating everything but the kid dabbing on the show opening?!?!?!

I just watched the show for the first time and thought it was good for a first show, especially considering it was on location at the State Fair. The food bit did not bother me as everyone does that at the State Fair.

I would think they would dig deeper into X's and O's as the season progresses but either way, it's a good show to have on the air and the publicity and media exposure can only help the program. It's definitely an upgrade from the facebook live show last year.

I look at the sports reporters in this town same as the teams. They are ours good or bad, can't hurt to critique on a forum where we can see room for improvement. Really don't mind any of them, even Reusse has entertainment value for me. I used a little hyperbole when saying I wanted RJ to give JG a beat down, not actually advocating violence or finding JG unredeemable, just thought what he was doing was mocking the show. I don't see the PJ Fleck show being put up for an Emmy, but the show should at least seem to hold the attention of it's own hosts.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice segment on last nights show about Bryce Paup. Made it worth the watch even though PJ was on for only a few minutes and prerecorded. The bit with Coach Fleck on a stick at the end seemed forced. They also had a lengthy back and forth with Glen Mason that was good.

Nice segment on last nights show about Bryce Paup. Made it worth the watch even though PJ was on for only a few minutes and prerecorded. The bit with Coach Fleck on a stick at the end seemed forced. They also had a lengthy back and forth with Glen Mason that was good.

As a diehard fan for the last 30 years, the promotion and local availability is light years ahead in 2017.

Fox9, KFAN, 830, social media, etc. etc. Great opportunity for the Gophers to move the need even more this year.

I'm a Vikings fan as well and my gut tells me Spielman and Zimmer will be looking for new jobs after this season. Gophers can garner a lot of attention.

I appreciate that Fox9 is putting money and production into the show. It's been a strong start. Yes, the Bryce Paup segment was last night's highlight. You don't always need PJ to carry the show, even if it's his show. That's a good sign.

Overall much better prepared show than first week. Although they ended show mid sentence with the Coaches Trophy guy. Whoops!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I noticed last night's show was aired live at TCF Bank Stadium and they had actual fans in attendance.

Is that open to the public or is there a way to get tickets to the show? Is it a season ticket holder benefit?

I noticed last night's show was aired live at TCF Bank Stadium and they had actual fans in attendance.

Is that open to the public or is there a way to get tickets to the show? Is it a season ticket holder benefit?

Only if you go with Mark Coyle. The AD. :cool:

Top Bottom