What is your most disappointing recruiting "miss"?

I still remember missing out on Doug Wrenn. We had already landed Joel P., and getting Wrenn would have made Minnesota a national title contender again on the heels of the Final Four run. It felt like Clem was on the verge of attaining a sustained elite program.

I still remember missing out on Doug Wrenn. We had already landed Joel P., and getting Wrenn would have made Minnesota a national title contender again on the heels of the Final Four run. It felt like Clem was on the verge of attaining a sustained elite program.

Didn't we sign Burleson to try and draw Wrenn? Funny thing is, Burelson at least got a sniff of the NBA

Didn't we sign Burleson to try and draw Wrenn? Funny thing is, Burelson at least got a sniff of the NBA

That was the speculation. They were high school teammates. And yeah, that was the irony - Nate ending up as the NBA player of the two.

Wrenn clearly had a screw loose. I think he ended up transferring around into oblivion, and did he end up in trouble of some sort? No time to Google him right now.

That was the speculation. They were high school teammates. And yeah, that was the irony - Nate ending up as the NBA player of the two.

Wrenn clearly had a screw loose. I think he ended up transferring around into oblivion, and did he end up in trouble of some sort? No time to Google him right now.
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/former-washington-and-odea-star-doug-wrenn-finds-tough-times/

Wow. This story may not be what it seems. Read for more information...............

<header class="article-header " style="box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; color: rgb(35, 31, 32); font-family: ff-meta-serif-web-pro; font-size: 19px;">Former Washington and O’Dea star Doug Wrenn finds tough times

<time class="line published dt-published" datetime="2009-03-29 19:32:00" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline;">Originally published March 29, 2009 at 7:32 pm</time> <time class="line update updated dt-updated" datetime="2009-03-31 14:14:27" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-style: italic; display: inline;">Updated March 31, 2009 at 2:14 pm</time>
</header>
He is a felon, convicted Feb. 5, 2009, on two counts of second-degree assault. It's difficult for him to admit. His voice lowers and the words seem to stumble and collide in the back of his throat before tumbling out of his mouth. "My career is over," he says. "My dreams, my aspirations are over....

BUT, we are Minnesota, this is not a state that conspires together to cover up cheating in favor of winning, and the cheating was already going on, kicking Russ off the team may have inspired him to blow the whistle on the cheating going on even sooner than it got reported, and even if El-Amin played 4 years for us, helping to lead us to much greater heights than we achieved, maybe even a Natl Title? All that would have done was make more for the NCAA to take away from us.

Honest answer, if we had the national recognition of UNC, Duke, Kentucky year in and year out would you really be thinking the same thing?

If we had success like them would you really care about cheating to the point where you would want it all to stop?

Has Reid Travis done squat yet at Stanford? I know the coach, (Duke guy) Dawkins) that recruited him has been fired, and I do try to watch late night games on the Pac10 network at times, buy I have yet to see a moment where Travis has done anything of note. In fairness to RT, he probably had his moments, but I just missed them all.

I'd take the guys we have now over Reid Travis, but since he is a smart guy, the Stanford choice was probably a good one for him.

I'll go with Glen Rice, since I cannot remember anyone other than El Amin that did much and would have changed Gopher basketball more.

Has Reid Travis done squat yet at Stanford? I know the coach, (Duke guy) Dawkins) that recruited him has been fired, and I do try to watch late night games on the Pac10 network at times, buy I have yet to see a moment where Travis has done anything of note. In fairness to RT, he probably had his moments, but I just missed them all.

I'd take the guys we have now over Reid Travis, but since he is a smart guy, the Stanford choice was probably a good one for him.

I'll go with Glen Rice, since I cannot remember anyone other than El Amin that did much and would have changed Gopher basketball more.

Reid has had a solid career with Stanford based on my limited viewing. He lost a season to injury, but he plays a lot and is absolutely solid for them. Missing on him delayed the "staying at home" sell job by a couple of years. He has played on a mediocre Stanford team, but he is a good player and would have provided a lot on the court and in intangibles. That was a big miss, especially since until the minute he announced, we the herd thought he was coming here. Doubly painful.

I'd say 17.5 and 9 while shooting 58% from the field is pretty good. So is nearly 7 FTA per game.

I'd say 17.5 and 9 while shooting 58% from the field is pretty good. So is nearly 7 FTA per game.

Yes, I agree those are very good numbers, it looks like I just saw Stanford when he was injured.

I'll have to watch this year and see what kind of numbers he puts up, which if he continues to increase on those above numbers he could be All Pac 10. I find the whole big press conference to announce the college choice and associated game playing to be very annoying, but he had good reasons for going where he did.

Mine would be Tyus Jones. Not that MN actually was in the mix, but after watching him play and excell in HS BB for 5 years, I was hoping he would stay home and play at MN. Misssing out on Jones, Vaughn, Travis and Macura completely in 2013 added more to the disappointment.

Yes, I agree those are very good numbers, it looks like I just saw Stanford when he was injured.

I'll have to watch this year and see what kind of numbers he puts up, which if he continues to increase on those above numbers he could be All Pac 10. I find the whole big press conference to announce the college choice and associated game playing to be very annoying, but he had good reasons for going where he did.

He already was All Pac 12: http://pac-12.com/article/2017/03/06/2016-17-pac-12-mens-basketball-all-conference-honors.

1. Chris Weber - he really wanted to play with Voshon.

2. Khalid - Missing on him stings, could have put us up in the big leagues for years.

3. Joe Mauer, Larry Fitzgerald, and all the other stud football players who went elsewhere.

1. Chris Weber - he really wanted to play with Voshon.

2. Khalid - Missing on him stings, could have put us up in the big leagues for years.

3. Joe Mauer, Larry Fitzgerald, and all the other stud football players who went elsewhere.

Still can't believe Fitz almost played for Gustavus.

Top Bottom