House Report: P.J. Fleck names Rhoda and Croft co-starters

GopherHole continues to be tainted by "experts" that know nothing, let alone about college football.

Coming to a message board expecting anything else says more about you than the posters that anger you so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just a bunch of guys shooting the breeze here, genius.

I couldn't disagree more with your last paragraph. I've lived in numerous places coast to coast and the people of my home state are the most level-headed, responsible, clean, nicest, and thoughtful. They smell good. Nice teeth. Wash their cars and mow their lawns. Lutherans are particularly good people.

In all seriousness, I've lived in MN, IA and WI, and there really isn't that much difference between the people in those three states. Now, I always lived in smaller communities - 6,000 or less - so maybe it's a small-town thing. I certainly don't think Minnesotans are more passive-aggressive or self-loathing. IA fans and WI fans obsess about their teams just as much as MN fans. Now, I lived in WI during the Don Morton era, when the Badgers were down, so that had something to do with it. But I lived in IA during the Hayden Fry years, and people down there second-guessed Fry all the time - when they were winning a lot of games. It did make the post-game call-in shows entertaining.

Rhoda isn't close to Leidner.

You're probably right, and I was erring on the side of being diplomatic by placating to the few that viewed Leidner as a worst case scenario. This further heightens my concerns for this year. There is no guarantee that our QB play in 2017 will match what he had in last couple years. I'm really starting to think that this year is shaping up to be a rebuilding year - and as a homer, I am okay with that.

It's just a bunch of guys shooting the breeze here, genius.

You consistently come on here solely to beat your chest about how idiotic everyone is, and how worthless the discussions are.

Yet you keep reading them and visiting. It really is interesting.

I couldn't disagree more with your last paragraph. I've lived in numerous places coast to coast and the people of my home state are the most level-headed, responsible, clean, nicest, and thoughtful. They smell good. Nice teeth. Wash their cars and mow their lawns. Lutherans are particularly good people.

+1.

Or not. We do have 4 other QBs. I do agree with 95% of your post.

GopherHole continues to be tainted by "experts" that know nothing, let alone about college football.

We lost a basically a 4 year starter at QB. The best player will get the most snaps over time. It would not shock me at all if Tanner Morgan is the starter by season's end. I would love if the other two both play well. I have no problem with rotating QBs. You do it at every other position. Best guy in the situation. Worrying will not change that or have any effect on the season, let alone who plays at QB.

Being in and living in other parts of the country has shown me something
, worrying about things that you have no control over and self-loathing is an almost uniquely Minnesota thing. "Minnesota Nice" is really "Minnesota Passive-Aggressive". I'm guilty too, but i'm working on it. Life is a lot more rewarding.

Yeah, but everywhere you go, there you are.

This will sort itself out. Some times the coaches have to see the players in game action to make those decisions. Not being able to pick either one, seems to me, the coaches(who are new) are still waiting on one of the two guys or another to start asserting their will and personality in the huddle. Billy Cockerham was a terrible practice QB but for some reason he had "it" when the games were played, and he excelled when he was under duress. I don't know eventually one of the two either Rhoda or Croft will click that this is my team. Neither has many snaps or that much experience that we should have expected one to step out of the shadow of the other right away. These two seem like humble guy's that actually like each other and are liked by their teammates. Rhythm of the game and who can hit the dump off passes or make broken play's with their feet will decide. Perhaps young Mr Green or one of the others will emerge. Hopefully that first game something clicks, and leads the way on who should play. Coaches are new too, so they really have to see what these guys are capable of before really making any major decision about it. Practice can only tell you who should be prepared enough to play.

So that means no more dirt burners?

Trust me, I hope your right. I couldn't take another year of that...

Leidner wasn't bad, just inconsistent. People like to pretend that he was way worse than he was. Anyone who's being honest would love to have him on the roster this year. For all of his faults, he's among the winningest QBs in school history. Another QB who threw a lot of "dirt burners," Adam Weber, was also vastly superior to Conor Rhoda.

You're probably right, and I was erring on the side of being diplomatic by placating to the few that viewed Leidner as a worst case scenario. This further heightens my concerns for this year. There is no guarantee that our QB play in 2017 will match what he had in last couple years. I'm really starting to think that this year is shaping up to be a rebuilding year - and as a homer, I am okay with that.

You're about as much a homer as any of the other trolls

So that means no more dirt burners?

Trust me, I hope your right. I couldn't take another year of that...

Rhoda threw to plenty of open space-as well as to wooden-handed opponents- during his game

Top Bottom