Doogie: There are several thousand tickets available for season opener

If I read the previous posters correct, one has to buy a package to get tickets for the first game. I bet that for the Buffalo game the ticket windows will be selling tickets
for that game. I also may be surprised by the number that will being this, especially if the weather is nice.

You can buy single game tickets.

I did. 4 for $60 in the nosebleeds.

If I read the previous posters correct, one has to buy a package to get tickets for the first game. I bet that for the Buffalo game the ticket windows will be selling tickets
for that game. I also may be surprised by the number that will being this, especially if the weather is nice.
Each game is available individually, but you need a Gopher Points score to get NE or WI tickets without buying a 3-pack.

Post#3 - Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post

"I heard on the radio they have a 4 pack for $60.

That's a good deal no matter where you sit in the stadium".

Post # 9- Yep, almost Metrodome like.

Looks like the NE and WI fans didn't make the Buffalo game part of their 3-Pack. Or even worse, they're gonna wait and just buy tickets for their game(s).

Pomo code is: iHeart

Any update on how many thousands? 1k? 2k? 10k?

I dont think anyone has a concrete number, but from what I counted earlier today there were approx. 3500 seats available on the away side upper level. Extrapolate that out to the rest of the upper and lower decks, probably in the area of 8k-10k non-student tickets remaining.

Scheduling cupcakes like this is a fact of life in college football. One legitimate non-conference opponent is typical. What you need to make the stadium more full for the cupcakes are more season ticket holders. (Or coupling them with three-packs -- essentially partial season tickets.) I think they'll have to cut ticket prices before we see significant uptick in season ticket sales.
There won't be a legitimate non-conference opponent until BYU in 2020. It's absolutely embarrassing.

Stop the dramatics - Doogie.

per Doogie on his latest Scoops Podcast:

I am told there are several thousand tickets available for the opener. They are practically giving away tickets, they are available very, very cheap. They are struggling in PJ Fleck's first game to fill TCF Bank Stadium.

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

Of course there are thousands of tickets available, and there should be.
- Buffalo is the opponent
- This is PJ's first game (the program isn't going to have Nebraska like fan turnout over nite)
- Calm down Doogie, let's not fan the flames where their aren't any.

You can't expect PJ to sell out the stadium in his first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the UCLA at Colorado game last year in Boulder on a Thursday night. Colorado was having a great year and playing for the conference lead and UCLA should of been a great draw but tickets were very easy to get and there were a lot of empty seats, Even though in the Denver area they did't come anywhere near to selling out this important game. They didn't have the state fair or Broncos or any other things going on in conflict with their game and it wasn't a MAC opponent. Why are folks surprised that it's not a sell out for the Gophers on a Thursday night against Buffalo?

No matter how good a coach Fleck is - or becomes.......no matter how charismatic he is.........We are still talking about Gopher Football here.

The hard-core fan base for Gopher Football - at this point in time - cannot fill a 50,000 seat stadium. That is the cold, hard truth.

To get a sellout, the Gophers need one of these other factors: a marquee, big-name opponent........a big rivalry game where opposing fans will buy up any available tickets.......or really cheap ticket prices.

Now - at some point in the future - if Fleck is as successful as some people believe - then maybe the Gophers can sell out TCF on a regular basis. Maybe they can even generate enough ticket demand to think about expanding the stadium. But that is going to be a long process. Years long. Expecting fans to instantly flock to the team just because of the "Fleck Factor" is just expecting too much, too soon.

The Twin Cities sports market has been hearing and reading "The Gophers Suck" for almost 50 years. that is a lot of conditioning to overcome.

If the optics of a less-than-full stadium bother you, then maybe several thousand fans should bring cardboard cutouts with them, and prop them up in the empty seats.

This, and there are a lot of fans that haven't bought into PJ. He's polarizing, and there are people who aren't going because of him.

Really? And you know all who are going? I'm not going. Had season tickets for 20+ years. Been trying to give my tickets away, and can't find a taker.

Ok...send them to me. Set it up through private message

This, and there are a lot of fans that haven't bought into PJ. He's polarizing, and there are people who aren't going because of him.

I'm more sanguine about it than that.

While people will take some time off on a Thursday afternoon to see the Gophers play a team like TCF it's asking a lot for 50,000 of them to set everything aside to see the Buffalo Bulls. Even Oregon State last year only got to 44,582.

Top 50?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

We are not even consistently "top 50." Why schedule a loss? Getting to a bowl game should be our goal - 3 cupcakes and then take our chances in conference.

According to whom?

Oregon St. will most likely be "top 50" this year, by the way.
Massey or Sagarin I suppose. That generally means a .500 team. Oregon State isn't coming to TCF bank this year. Is a team likely to be in top 50 really too much to ask?

I'll find someone else in sure. Still a couple weeks to go. Maybe a Badger fan.

You don't honestly believe Fleck is keeping people away do you? From buying tickets I mean. For real. Because that is stupid.

We are not even consistently "top 50." Why schedule a loss? Getting to a bowl game should be our goal - 3 cupcakes and then take our chances in conference.
How much of a homer can you be if you think potential games against a Boston College or Wake Forest are automatic losses?

Top Bottom