Doogie: There are several thousand tickets available for season opener

You don't honestly believe Fleck is keeping people away do you? From buying tickets I mean. For real. Because that is stupid.

I'm pretty sure more folks are buying tix because of PJF than not buying them because of him. However, I am just as sure that there are some people who aren't buying tix because of him. You don't see that as possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massey or Sagarin I suppose. That generally means a .500 team. Oregon State isn't coming to TCF bank this year. Is a team likely to be in top 50 really too much to ask?

Ah, so now the stipulation is that it has to be a home game? Where will the moving target shift next?

As I've already stated, Oregon St. is likely to be in the top 50 this year. When we scheduled this series, they were a consistent top 50 (and sometimes top 25) team. I don't know when we scheduled the Fresno St. series, but they were a consistently good mid-major team under Pat Hill. Ditto Colorado St. and Air Force. In the first 7 seasons at TCF, we played Cal, USC, and TCU. This is a really weird and baseless line of reasoning.

I'm not a hater about Gophers scheduling creampuffs but no way Beavers are a top 50 by seasons end

Based on what? They are currently 54 in the S&P+ projections for this season, and the Gophers (47) will almost certainly be underdogs at Corvallis.

Ah, so now the stipulation is that it has to be a home game? Where will the moving target shift next?

As I've already stated, Oregon St. is likely to be in the top 50 this year. When we scheduled this series, they were a consistent top 50 (and sometimes top 25) team. I don't know when we scheduled the Fresno St. series, but they were a consistently good mid-major team under Pat Hill. Ditto Colorado St. and Air Force. In the first 7 seasons at TCF, we played Cal, USC, and TCU. This is a really weird and baseless line of reasoning.
I'm willing to count Oregon State as a legitimate opponent, but the topic is about home attendance. When we scheduled Fresno they were coming off a 6-8 season where they were beaten soundly by 3-9 San Jose State. I'm confident Teague/Kill thought they were scheduling a cupcake and that's likely what we'll get. Nothing wrong with putting a cupcake on the schedule, just not 3.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thursday night game against one of the worst FBS schools is not a draw. Now if we had Iowa St or NDSU or some school with name recognition people would would come. Who the heck wants to be fighting traffic back to Woodbury or Minnetonka at 10 pm on a Thursday night. Anyone more than an hours drive from the Twin Cities is taking two days off Fromm work to go to this game. From a practical standpoint it is a tough sell. I am going but I live a stones throw from campus in Mac Groveland. If we get more than 40k I will be happy.

I'm willing to count Oregon State as a legitimate opponent, but the topic is about home attendance. When we scheduled Fresno they were coming off a 6-8 season where they were beaten soundly by 3-9 San Jose State. I'm confident Teague/Kill thought they were scheduling a cupcake and that's likely what we'll get. Nothing wrong with putting a cupcake on the schedule, just not 3.

If you wanted to discuss the home schedule, you should have said so.

And again, for at least the 3rd time, Oregon St. is not a cupcake. We will almost certainly be underdogs. Who is the cupcake if we are the underdog?

Also, to reiterate, this is a really weird line of reasoning to advance. We've played a Power 5 team every year since TCF opened except 2013, and have played several consistently solid mid-major teams in that time. Most Power 5 teams (many better than us) follow a similar scheduling model: play one Power 5 team, one solid mid-major, and one FCS or terrible mid-major. And it's "embarrassing" for us to follow the same scheduling model used by most Power 5 teams across the country?

And again, for at least the 3rd time, Oregon St. is not a cupcake. We will almost certainly be underdogs. Who is the cupcake if we are the underdog?

Also, to reiterate, this is a really weird line of reasoning to advance. We've played a Power 5 team every year since TCF opened except 2013, and have played several consistently solid mid-major teams in that time.

Add to that the uneven B1G schedule and it complicates things even more...

I bought tickets but would not have if Claeys was still coach.
I simply could not have supported him for another year.

We are not even consistently "top 50." Why schedule a loss? Getting to a bowl game should be our goal - 3 cupcakes and then take our chances in conference.

We're barely top 50 right now by many measures.

Damn- another reason for those who wish Claeys was still the coach.

Also, to reiterate, this is a really weird line of reasoning to advance. We've played a Power 5 team every year since TCF opened except 2013, and have played several consistently solid mid-major teams in that time. Most Power 5 teams (many better than us) follow a similar scheduling model: play one Power 5 team, one solid mid-major, and one FCS or terrible mid-major. And it's "embarrassing" for us to follow the same scheduling model used by most Power 5 teams across the country?
I thought the home schedule was implied when we're talking about trying to sell tickets to home games. I never said Oregon State was a cupcake. You're right, most teams will have a power 5 or top 50 team in the non-conference schedule. We likely won't in 2018 or 2019.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Would anyone pay $20 to watch Eden Prairie play St Paul Humboldt?
I can't blame anyone for not paying more than $15 to watch the Gophers play Buffalo. If MN doesn't win by 40+ I will be shocked.

We didn't even beat indiana state by 40+ last year. Why would you be shocked if this game isn't won by 40+?

I'm pretty sure more folks are buying tix because of PJF than not buying them because of him. However, I am just as sure that there are some people who aren't buying tix because of him. You don't see that as possible?

No

You don't honestly believe Fleck is keeping people away do you? From buying tickets I mean. For real. Because that is stupid.

Many think people are buying because of him. And, there are. Yes, I know people who aren't going because they don't like him. Why is that so hard to believe?

I would not have agreed with that, but agree with you there are people who would have done so. Similarly, there are people who PJ just doesn't resonate with, and they struggle to support him.

Many think people are buying because of him. And, there are. Yes, I know people who aren't going because they don't like him. Why is that so hard to believe?

Reminds me of when christian laettner was traded. He came back to target center days latter as a member of the hawks. When his name was announced 90%+ of the fans booed. There was a kid - maybe 15 years old - sitting a few rows in front of us that looked around the stadium with the most shocked look I have ever seen. His eyes tearing up he yelled, "I Love you Laettner."

He loved CL so much that he simply could not comprehend that there were people that didn't like him. Not possible in his mind.

Be honest. You have been trolling GH for 9-years waiting for this opportunity.

You're right. It's finally my moment.

You're right. It's finally my moment.

You said a week ago you'd be there in spite of Fleck but now you act like you've been trying to give away tickets for some time now. I'm sure there are no takers because all of your "friends" hate Fleck. I'm sure this is not you trolling.

I do not really care how goofy Fleck's approach is if he can pick and organize a good staff plus recruit at a high level. Fleck mentioned on several occasions that he is not for everyone or something like that; clearly the pitch does nothing for me, and his whole barrage of PR is painful to listen to. I think he is very unusual, if not odd, but none of my views matter a bit.

I would never choose to not attend or watch a game because I do not care for the superficial aspects of Fleck's program. If he puts up Brewster result that would be a different story, but then again I never missed a home game during those dark days either.

If he can win here and for me that means 8 games this year, but 7 will be OK, no one will care if they like his style or not.

You said a week ago you'd be there in spite of Fleck but now you act like you've been trying to give away tickets for some time now. I'm sure there are no takers because all of your "friends" hate Fleck. I'm sure this is not you trolling.

Glad you're monitoring me. I have been trying to give my tickets away to people, as I really am not excited to go like I have been in past years. No takers. Will either donate or go. If I go I'll wear my Gopher gear, without any oars.

Glad you're monitoring me. I have been trying to give my tickets away to people, as I really am not excited to go like I have been in past years. No takers. Will either donate or go. If I go I'll wear my Gopher gear, without any oars.

As I said before, send them to me . I'll pay the postage.

per Joe:

The Gophers have distributed fewer than 40,000 tickets for their Aug. 31 opener against Buffalo, a spokesman confirmed Friday, and that’s counting 5,000 freebies they annually give freshmen for the first game. Two years after playing a full season to near-capacity crowds at TCF Bank Stadium, the athletic department is still struggling to refill the 9-year-old facility’s 50,805 seats.

Fans are taking a wait-and-see approach with Fleck. Since the Gophers hired him away from Western Michigan on Jan. 6, their number of new season tickets sold is 1,430.

Athletic director Mark Coyle still sees that for what it is: growth. The Gophers sold just 660 new season tickets last year.

http://m.startribune.com/what-s-the...ch-at-least-not-yet/441088303/?section=sports

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom