First year Gopher Hoops is better on paper than Wisconsin since????

Uh-oh! Badger disrespect on Gopherhole! Big Eddy to the rescue!

Come on, Salzie! Everyone knows the Badgers are destined to finish top 4 in the Big Ten for the next 100 years. They are the Duke of the north! Just ask any arrogant badger fan. Gard has always been the guy really coaching the team. Bo mailed it in a decade ago.

All this "on paper" talk won't mean squat if the Gophers don't get the job done on the floor. I sure hope they worked on their shooting this summer. It's going to be difficult contending for the BT title if they shoot only 43% as a team again this year.

I agree. On paper we'rebetter but recent history hasnt been kind. I'm waiting for it to m play out and can't wait.

I never said I did. I simply said I've repeatedly said despite challenge of replacing 4 starters Wisconsin will find a way to be in mix,wsomehow to you that's disrespect

Id take winning and boring basketball in mn, but Wisconsin often ran slow plodding offense that was boring to watch.

Winning trumps your silly idea of what exciting basketball is about.

Winning trumps your silly idea of what exciting basketball is about.

I said I'd take that style here in MN if wins came with, not sure what else you want.

If you're looking for endless praise of your badgers, you're on wrong page. Ryan was heck of coach, that doesn't change fact I found him annoying as hell and deserving of far more T's than he got. I also found his offense tough to watch. Few years where it was brutally efficient thought, often it was just slow paced and bleh

I said I'd take that style here in MN if wins came with, not sure what else you want.

If you're looking for endless praise of your badgers, you're on wrong page. Ryan was heck of coach, that doesn't change fact I found him annoying as hell and deserving of far more T's than he got. I also found his offense tough to watch. Few years where it was brutally efficient thought, often it was just slow paced and bleh

I didn't see where you said that. still don't.
Why would I expect endless praise for Wisconsin on a Gopher board? Just correcting some errors.
I also find your posts contradictory. First you say you would take that style if wins come with it. Then Tough to watch!
Trust me, If you had been on the winning side of more of those games we played..It wouldn't matter how you won.

The Gophers don't need to disparage Gard and the Wisconsin program to make themselves appear better. I would be shocked if you don't fight tooth and nail with MSU for the B1G title. I just don't see the need to be revisionist about Wisconsin when the future is so bright for the Gophs. I would think unbridled optimism should reign here rather than looking for reasons to tear down the obstacles of your past failures.
I guess I don't see all the disparaging Gard and the Wisconsin program talk here on the hole that you are referencing. It's not unreasonable to think that this might finally be a down year (not tied top 4 or better) for Wisconsin. But even saying that, most posters I've seen are not predicting Wiscy to miss the big tourney. I'm sure as hell not. Wisconsin is always tough under Bo's system and you can guarantee that at least 2 supposed tourney contender Big Ten teams will fall flat on their face in Big Ten play.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't usually kiss the ass of my hated successful rivals. ;)

You gotta remember Pritzl is not a point He's a 2. He could be the best shooter Wis has had for a long time and that includes Koenig. He is more like a Combination of Gasser, Showalter, and Koenig. Gard has made it to two sweet 16's in two years. they were coming off of graduating Frank, Dekker, Traevon Jackson, Josh Gasser and Duje Dukan.. 3 are on NBA rosters 2 are in Europe.
This adjustment had more to do with Bo's lackluster start than anything. Last year they graduated Koening, Hayes, Showalter and Brown. Gard is really good and consistant. The roster has turned over since he was named coach and he has not skipped a beat. He was the lead recruiter for Bo. What he and Bo have in common other than coaching together since the Platteville days is a disrespect from B1G fans. It is totally understandable, but not wise.

Jumping back a bit here for fun, since you are here to do some corrections for us. To clarify in your post - the roster turns over now, it hadn't before this. Koenig led two Bo Ryan final four teams along side Nigel Hayes before Gard was head coach. You are absurd, and I'm a lifelong badger fan.

Other Badger related commentary: Pritzl redshirted his true freshman year (injury I think), so he's a year longer in the system. Potentially fair to consider him an incoming upper class man when evaluating his game. He's got talent and athleticism, had some excellent games last year, but will now be the focal point of the defense on the perimeter with aforementioned comparisons now gone.

Lastly I suspect Iverson to take a leap for the Badgers. He will make a few splash/momentum plays a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said I did. I simply said I've repeatedly said despite challenge of replacing 4 starters Wisconsin will find a way to be in mix,wsomehow to you that's disrespect

Id take winning and boring basketball in mn, but Wisconsin often ran slow plodding offense that was boring to watch.

I didn't see where you said that. still don't.
Why would I expect endless praise for Wisconsin on a Gopher board? Just correcting some errors.
I also find your posts contradictory. First you say you would take that style if wins come with it. Then Tough to watch!
Trust me, If you had been on the winning side of more of those games we played..It wouldn't matter how you won.

There you go.....

And yes, I wouldn't care how my team won. Watching non mn/wi game brutal to watch. It's not style I prefer.... When you're not vested in team hard to watch. I enjoy college ball in general.... Watching slow offense and constant whining about refs, eh

Of recent coaches I'd put Ryan only behind izzo in b1g, is that acceptable? Or does thinking guy with NCAA tournament win and more final 4 appearances better coach disrespectful?

In fairness to wisconsin, I feel the "boring style" argument is a little outdated. They definitely began this little run that they are on with slow, plodding basketball but over the last 3-4 years they actually have played pretty entertaining basketball imo. Gross - that will be last nice thing I saw about that school for a LONG time.

I guess I don't see all the disparaging Gard and the Wisconsin program talk here on the hole that you are referencing. It's not unreasonable to think that this might finally be a down year (not tied top 4 or better) for Wisconsin. But even saying that, most posters I've seen are not predicting Wiscy to miss the big tourney. I'm sure as hell not. Wisconsin is always tough under Bo's system and you can guarantee that at least 2 supposed tourney contender Big Ten teams will fall flat on their face in Big Ten play.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't usually kiss the ass of my hated successful rivals. ;)

If you go back and read my posts on this subject you will note that I have not asked for any respect and or love. My only point is correcting some error in earlier posts. I have also not asked anyone to kiss my ass. Though it is getting close.

Slow and Plodding. is not accurate. Its about possessions and making the most of those possessions. PPP. It is also forcing another team to play a half court game when they are not at their best doing it. Defense is still a big deal in BB thankfully. Valuing the ball is part of that too. Turnovers are empty possessions.
This not a new concept. Run and gun teams are great if you make your shots and don't turn it over. Its also good to keep the other team from scoring.

Good luck this season. You have a great chance to have a special year. Enjoy the success. Even though we are rivals it is good to see Minny doing good things again. I hope you can avoid the bad off the court things this year.

This is a great place to chime in to just say I told you so. But I won't. Just beat Purdue tonight ! Big Brother is pulling for you. If you don't, I seriously think it's another trip to the NIT for the Gophs. Although your NET may actually go up regardless of the outcome.

Hey there.

Hi. I guess we'll never know what would have happened had the Gophers stayed healthy and on the court in 2017-18. This is where you make some offhanded comment about how that's what the Gophers always do, go ahead...

The Badgers are a fine team this year. I don't expect they'll accomplish anything in the NCAA tourney, good luck.

Hi. I guess we'll never know what would have happened had the Badgers and the Gophers stayed healthy and on the court in 2017-18. This is where you make some offhanded comment about how that's what the Gophers always do, go ahead...

The Badgers are a fine team this year. I don't expect they'll accomplish anything in the NCAA tourney, good luck.

FIFY

As for your second prediction, is that based on what the Badgers have accomplished in the NCAA tourney the last few years? For the record since 2000 they have lost in the following games:

1x in championship game
2x in final four semifinal
1x in elite 8
6x in sweet 16
6x in round of 32
1x in first round.

FIFY

As for your second prediction, is that based on what the Badgers have accomplished in the NCAA tourney the last few years? For the record since 2000 they have lost in the following games:

1x in championship game
1x in elite 8
6x in sweet 16
6x in round of 32
1x in first round.

Thanks. I think you know what I meant, I don't think they're a great team this year. Happ can only take them so far.

Also, congratulations on the past success, it doesn't mean they'll find success in the tourney this year.

You guys need a hobby or a girlfriend. Maybe walk upstairs and invite your mom out for dinner?

FIFY

1x in championship game
1x in elite 8
6x in sweet 16
6x in round of 32
1x in first round.

Uh oh. No Bo Ryan this year.

Top Bottom