CBS: Candid Coaches: Getting real on marijuana legalization, testing in college fball

TIME OUT. OK, both of you go stand in the corner for 15 minutes and think about your behavior.

Seriously - let's say that marijuana is not as effective in a clinical sense as a pain reliever. There could be a placebo affect going on. FB player X is hurting after a rough game or practice. He smokes some weed, and he relaxes. He feels better. So, he determines that marijuana is a pain reliever. It may not be a "pain reliever" in the clinical sense, but if it makes the player feel better, and he isn't focusing on his pain, it does have a beneficial impact on the player. And then he tells his teammates, "hey, smoke some pot and you'll feel better." And so it goes.

I know when I was smoking a lot of pot, I felt better when I was high. I was convinced that life was better when I was high. Now, I was not nursing any FB injuries, but I know how pot made me feel. Plus, if you were high, you could sit up and watch crappy movies on HBO and they seemed more entertaining.

That's exactly what I said. Can I come out of my corner now?

Top Bottom