Sid: Fleck on Douglas

Well... that's not a terrible idea longer term.

That's fine. So if the gophers had the #1 ranked recruiting class in the country, posters here would argue that we couldn't classify that as a success? Seems nuts to me, since Bama is in the title game every year and 7 odd years in a row of the number 1 class.

That's fine. <b>So if the gophers had the #1 ranked recruiting class in the country, </b>posters here would argue that we couldn't classify that as a success? Seems nuts to me, since Bama is in the title game every year and 7 odd years in a row of the number 1 class.

Let's worry about that once we get in the top 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fine. So if the gophers had the #1 ranked recruiting class in the country, posters here would argue that we couldn't classify that as a success? Seems nuts to me, since Bama is in the title game every year and 7 odd years in a row of the number 1 class.

You can classify things how you want.

Let's worry about that once we get in the top 40.

So we can judge recruiting success before a down is played. You'd just like to see some of PJ's recruits on the field and see how they look in Big 10 action? That seems reasonable.

Sure, go ahead. But to call DD his biggest success at MN seems a bit premature, don't you think?

He called him a recruiting success. Recruiting successes don't always translate to on-field success, but it's a good start.

Since PJ hasn't coached a game yet and none of his recruits have played, what else do you want to discuss?

Douglas looks good.

Autman Bell can leap and catch and twist very, very well....hope he heals fast.

Douglas was absolutely a recruiting success.

Did I say he wasn't?

He called him a recruiting success. Recruiting successes don't always translate to on-field success, but it's a good start.

Since PJ hasn't coached a game yet and none of his recruits have played, what else do you want to discuss?

2-weeks before kickoff I can think of a few things I'd rather discuss than labeling an 18-year old kid who hasn't played yet our coaches "biggest success" (of any kind).

I thought it was premature to label DD that at this time and people get in a tizzy. It was in no way a shot at DD or Fleck so the sters can settle down.

Top Bottom