55 calendar days, 51 nights of games

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I don't mind the Monday and Friday B1G games as long as the games aren't at Williams Arena. And as fate has it, the Gophers have no Monday or Friday home games.

Absolute best thing about the condensed B1G schedule? Starting Jan. 2, there will be at least 1 B1G game on 51 of 55 nights. Love it.

I don't mind the Monday and Friday B1G games as long as the games aren't at Williams Arena. And as fate has it, the Gophers have no Monday or Friday home games.

Absolute best thing about the condensed B1G schedule? Starting Jan. 2, there will be at least 1 B1G game on 51 of 55 nights. Love it.

Are the Monday/Friday games a regular thing or did we just get lucky?

Are the Monday/Friday games a regular thing or did we just get lucky?

Probably just a one time deal unless delany screws up again and books our conf tournament at a site that we need to have our tourney a week early. This is tv related. With no byes there are extra games each week. Want to make sure every game is on an ESPN outlet or BTN

Jan. 8, Feb. 2, Feb. 12, Feb. 16

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FOX - Mon & Fri

Probably just a one time deal unless delany screws up again and books our conf tournament at a site that we need to have our tourney a week early. This is tv related. With no byes there are extra games each week. Want to make sure every game is on an ESPN outlet or BTN

From this article on BTN it appears as though Mon & Fri night games are here to stay as part of the new deal with FOX.

Mondays, absolutely no issue. Big TV watching night and not much competition. Teams can travel on Sunday, and miss less class. Robert Knight complained about Big Monday games over 2 decades ago and the conference backed away to let the Big East and Big 8/12 have it. To me that made no sense.

Friday, not as big on since there is a lot of other stuff going on such as NBA, High School Games & Gopher puck.

http://btn.com/2017/08/16/view-the-full-2017-18-big-ten-mens-basketball-conference-schedule/

Well said, Ope. Monday not a big deal to me. Have enjoyed ESPN's Big Monday going on 25-30 years, so it won't hurt to actually be at Williams Arena on occasional Monday nights.

Not a fan of the Friday thing, but the times continue to change, will survive.

What am I suppose to do those other four nights? Not very considerate in my estimation. My girlfriend will make me take her out to eat I suppose.

Simple

What am I suppose to do those other four nights? Not very considerate in my estimation. My girlfriend will make me take her out to eat I suppose.

Watch a replay game...pretend it's live...tell her you know it's going to be a close exciting game.

Top Bottom