First 4 B1G games

Loving it! For once, we don't have a super daunting start to the B10

Got the Nebraska game correct when predicting it. This is a pretty good scenario for the Gophers IMO.

Nebraska is not a given, sheesh. I'd consider it an upset

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Monday Monday

Interesting that they play 2 Monday conference games, both are holidays (MLK Day and Washington's Birthday). Wonder if that will be a future trend or just a schedule quirk with the BTT a week earlier & neutral game @ MSG.

Interesting that they play 2 Monday conference games, both are holidays (MLK Day and Washington's Birthday). Wonder if that will be a future trend or just a schedule quirk with the BTT a week earlier & neutral game @ MSG.

I noticed that as well, very strange. Big Ten has never played conference games on a Monday night before (at least in recent memory).

Color me very disappointed in the overall breakdown.

Only two Saturday and one Sunday B1G home games (compared to three Sat and two Sun last season).

Not even one weekend B1G game after 1-13 vs. Purdue.

Game in Madison on a Monday, could've easily made the road trip were it on the previous Saturday or Sunday.

And we all know the joke of our "MSG" home game.

Nebraska is not a given, sheesh. I'd consider it an upset

You think that beating a team that went 12-19 last year, and lost two of its top 3 scorers, is an upset?

I'm sorry, I thought it was big ten FB...oops. yes, should be favored by 5 or so. Nebraska can't possibly be that bad again, though.

Only two Saturday and one Sunday B1G home games (compared to three Sat and two Sun last season).

Game in Madison on a Monday, could've easily made the road trip were it on the previous Saturday or Sunday.

I can't believe the lack of week-end home games. Pretty tough to find one to make it to.

If we can sneak past Providence... 17 and 0 is definitely doable. 15 and 2 is kinda the minimum start. Right? Just gotta play!

Sitting around for two weeks between the Big Ten tournament and the NCAA Tournament is going to be brutal.

Sitting around for two weeks between the Big Ten tournament and the NCAA Tournament is going to be brutal.

Definitely different, but not necessarily a bad thing. Get the bumps & bruises healed up. Gonzaga did OK with a 2-week layoff last year.

But for us fans, yes!

Principal, admit it...you're a husker... That is an asenine statement!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

If we can sneak past Providence... 17 and 0 is definitely doable. 15 and 2 is kinda the minimum start. Right? Just gotta play!

Yea, it definitely sets up for a nice record through the first 17. We could be 14-3 (4-0 in conf) without even having won a game vs a NCAA tournament team.

I can't believe the lack of week-end home games. Pretty tough to find one to make it to.

You have every right on how you want to spend your money, but honestly people need to nut up.
You are going to have the best product that this program has put on the court in years and you can't carve out a little extra time during the week to make it to a game and support this team? I always assumed that the people that would waste their time on a Gopher sports message board would be willing to waste their time to actually go to a game.

You have every right on how you want to spend your money, but honestly people need to nut up.
You are going to have the best product that this program has put on the court in years and you can't carve out a little extra time during the week to make it to a game and support this team? I always assumed that the people that would waste their time on a Gopher sports message board would be willing to waste their time to actually go to a game.

To be clear- I live 10 miles from the Barn, am a season ticket holder, and will be at the vast majority of our home games.

I still have every right to complain about some of the stuff that was pointed out regarding our underwhelming schedule. Most people enjoy weekend games more than weekday games, and we got shortchanged in that regard.

The end of the season though - yikes.

From 1/15 onward, four home games and eight away/neutral. Games at Penn State, at Maryland, at Iowa, at Michigan, at Wisconsin, at Purdue - all currently in SS's NCAA projections. Add in a game at Indiana (tough place to play), and a home game against MSU (conference favorite) ... down the stretch is going to test this team, hard.

Going to a week-night game is not practical for myself and likely others. To have zero week-end home games after January 13th sucks if you are traveling in from out of town. That is all.

Top Bottom