118 IA, 110 Beavs, 109 IL, 106 MD, 104 WI, 96 Buff, 86 NE, 85 MI, 74 MSU

swingman

Reaction score
Rankings of opponents passing offenses last year out of 128 teams in FBS. 6 of the 30 worst on our schedule, taking out Army, Navy and USAF. 8 of the 40 worst passing offenses. 9 of 50 worst.

Iowa loses Beathard and has no healthy WRs, Beavs lose top rcvrs and QB who actually won games, Illini going with a run first QB versus Lunt, Maryland yet to name a QB, Nebraska loses Westerkamp and Morgan and QB, Michigan yet to name a starter and lost tons at WR and TE.

Gopher secondary doesn't have to be world beaters, like they were against #3 WSU with a depleted unit. Although if Kiondre, Shenault, Winfield, McGhee, and Huff stay healthy, they may be.

Northwestern ranked 51...loses All American WR...Thorson dreadful versus us.

Only real passing attacks on schedule are #8 MTSU and #21 Purdue...both of them have so many other holes, I think we can handle them.

I think a lot of experts on this board have missed this. Our entire schedule falls right into our wheelhouse.

Past performance does not guarantee results, but things could be a lot worse. Health in the secondary and the play of our DL will make this season, not our starting QB.

Now I wait for the follow up analysis to explain to me the disaster ahead, especially at OSU.

Yet we still lost to 3 of the 6 teams we played from this list. And we didn't play the two best.

The way this is written, the name of this forum is going to have to change.

Top Bottom