Badgers offense walking wounded

swingman

Reaction score
Practice is now closed in Madison.

Quarterback has Hornibrook healthy, but one bad hit and concussion protocol means they turn to either a true frosh or rs frosh, neither who has shown enough to be named the backup yet.

Running back
Badgers lost top two backs to the NFL in Clement and Ogunbowale and Taiwan Deal missed all Spring and is now hurt again. Bucky may have to rely on Shaw, a guy we passed on, and James, a guy who couldn't crack the lineup at Pitt and transferred to Madison.

Wide receivers
Heading into the third week of camp, Ted Gilmore’s unit has been dealt some injuries that have prevented three of the top five options from taking the field. Seniors Jazz Peavy and George Rushing have been out this past week with left leg injuries—Peavy since Tuesday and Rushing since Thursday.

Rushing’s health will be something to continue watching due to the fact he’s on crutches and sporting a boot on his leg. A UW official confirmed on Saturday that redshirt freshman Kendric Pryor, who played well in the spring and at the start of fall camp, was out due to an injury sustained in a moped accident. Wisconsin has also been without true freshmen Cade Green and Emmet Perry for good chunks of fall camp due to injuries as well. They don’t give timetables for returns on the injury report, so it will be interesting to see who returns when the media is given player availability.

Tight ends
Zander Neuville been laid up with a right leg injury since last Saturday.

Offensive line is patched together with projects at tackle and heavy on youth.

They are trying to teach former guard/center Dieter to be a tackle.

“You can’t fix everything at one time,” Rudolph said on Saturday. “I think he’s cleaned something up each practice. I think he’s playing at his best right now, which is pretty good. He’s doing a pretty good job."

Badgers are using redshirt freshman Tyler Biadasz at center.

The two guard spots appear to be split between redshirt junior Beau Benzschawel who has worked at right guard with the first-team for the first two weeks, while redshirt sophomore Jon Dietzen and redshirt junior Micah Kapoi have been working with the starters at left guard.

Reps for redshirt sophomore Jason Erdmann were also speckled in there before his shoulder injury on Thursday.

“Dietzen is fighting through something but he hasn’t missed a practice,” Rudolph said.

Redshirt sophomore David Edwards will assume the role of right tackle, he is a a former tight end.

For reserve tackles, redshirt freshmen Cole Van Lanen and Patrick Kasl worked in.

Sounds bad, but you know they always have that next man up mentality and do well.

Dieter, Dietzen, Edwards, and Benzschawel were all starters last year. Patched together? Not even close. Their OL will be just fine. Ours on the other hand...

Someone on Gopher Hole announces the Badgers are about to take a step backwards.

Badgers beat Gophers.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Beat Wisconsin once, just once, and then you can talk. Until then, every thread like this is (.....rest of post self-censored.......)

Dieter, Dietzen, Edwards, and Benzschawel were all starters last year. Patched together? Not even close. Their OL will be just fine. Ours on the other hand...

This thread is about the Badgers. Take your tamping somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is about the Badgers. Take your tamping somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Badgers offensive line tamping us into the ground? Yep seen it for about 25 years.

We'll know come November. Kids can get healthy in a hurry. Actually, I want them coming in fully healthy. No excuses when we beat them and their deplorable fan base who I have no doubt had people in Charlottesville.

So you're saying that the wisconsin QB is only an injury away from being injured - that's high quality commentary right there. I also hear that their entire starting offensive line is a mere toaster mishap away from being completely wiped out.

Their OL will be good, again. It doesn't matter who their RB is. Ogunbawale was not a good RB, and he gashed us.

We'll know come November. Kids can get healthy in a hurry. Actually, I want them coming in fully healthy. No excuses when we beat them and their deplorable fan base who I have no doubt had people in Charlottesville.

I thought I saw a group of antifa thugs clad in red.

Gophers passed on Bradrick Shaw? I remember being pretty excited about getting his commitment, had some solid offers listed. I think he'll be a good one for the Badgers. I also think Chris James is going to have a good season, have been hearing good things about him since his transfer year. I expect the offense to be noticeably better than last season.

Lets win the first six games first and make sure the battle for the axe is a big time game before we even worry about them

Gophers passed on Bradrick Shaw? I remember being pretty excited about getting his commitment, had some solid offers listed. I think he'll be a good one for the Badgers. I also think Chris James is going to have a good season, have been hearing good things about him since his transfer year. I expect the offense to be noticeably better than last season.

You'll be ok at RB, but Hollinbrook throws lollypop passes, and he doesn't have Sheriff Bart to bail him out this year

I'm sure they'll be healthy enough to pound us into ground again come November

Yes, he tried to commit here but we already had 3 RB's taken and 5 DB's in that class committed so there was no possible way to find room for him. We definitely would have taken him otherwise though.

Practice is now closed in Madison.

Quarterback has Hornibrook healthy, but one bad hit and concussion protocol means they turn to either a true frosh or rs frosh, neither who has shown enough to be named the backup yet.

Running back
Badgers lost top two backs to the NFL in Clement and Ogunbowale and Taiwan Deal missed all Spring and is now hurt again. Bucky may have to rely on Shaw, a guy we passed on, and James, a guy who couldn't crack the lineup at Pitt and transferred to Madison.

Wide receivers
Heading into the third week of camp, Ted Gilmore’s unit has been dealt some injuries that have prevented three of the top five options from taking the field. Seniors Jazz Peavy and George Rushing have been out this past week with left leg injuries—Peavy since Tuesday and Rushing since Thursday.

Rushing’s health will be something to continue watching due to the fact he’s on crutches and sporting a boot on his leg. A UW official confirmed on Saturday that redshirt freshman Kendric Pryor, who played well in the spring and at the start of fall camp, was out due to an injury sustained in a moped accident. Wisconsin has also been without true freshmen Cade Green and Emmet Perry for good chunks of fall camp due to injuries as well. They don’t give timetables for returns on the injury report, so it will be interesting to see who returns when the media is given player availability.

Tight ends
Zander Neuville been laid up with a right leg injury since last Saturday.

Offensive line is patched together with projects at tackle and heavy on youth.

They are trying to teach former guard/center Dieter to be a tackle.

“You can’t fix everything at one time,” Rudolph said on Saturday. “I think he’s cleaned something up each practice. I think he’s playing at his best right now, which is pretty good. He’s doing a pretty good job."

Badgers are using redshirt freshman Tyler Biadasz at center.

The two guard spots appear to be split between redshirt junior Beau Benzschawel who has worked at right guard with the first-team for the first two weeks, while redshirt sophomore Jon Dietzen and redshirt junior Micah Kapoi have been working with the starters at left guard.

Reps for redshirt sophomore Jason Erdmann were also speckled in there before his shoulder injury on Thursday.

“Dietzen is fighting through something but he hasn’t missed a practice,” Rudolph said.

Redshirt sophomore David Edwards will assume the role of right tackle, he is a a former tight end.

For reserve tackles, redshirt freshmen Cole Van Lanen and Patrick Kasl worked in.

Sounds pretty bad down there:
http://btn.com/2017/08/19/dienhart-5-things-i-learned-at-wisconsin-fall-practice/

Top Bottom