BIG schedule will be announced tomorrow on BTN

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Especially interested to see who the Gophers' 2 December games will be.

3:30 CT, Big 10 & Beyond.

Who will be the Gophers' two Big Ten December opponents?

Anyone want to try to guess the 2 opponents correctly? The conference has indicated all 14 teams will have 1 home and 1 road game.

I'm going with @ Nebraska, home vs. Northwestern.

I just hope we get a home game with the first game to reduce the amount of travel. Having to play Nov. 25th in New York, then travel back to Minnesota, then have to travel back on the road for a B1G game, before coming back home for a B1G game, then travelling to Arkansas, and then finally back home could take it's toll on the team.

I think we get MSU at home in the 1st game and @ Nebraska in the 2nd game.

Playing MSU early at home has been common

Interestingly, Gophers have opened 2 of the last 5 Big Ten seasons vs. MSU (both at Williams Arena), and a third time Sparty was our second conference game (also at Williams Arena).

I just hope we get a home game with the first game to reduce the amount of travel. Having to play Nov. 25th in New York, then travel back to Minnesota, then have to travel back on the road for a B1G game, before coming back home for a B1G game, then travelling to Arkansas, and then finally back home could take it's toll on the team.

I think we get MSU at home in the 1st game and @ Nebraska in the 2nd game.

They fly on chartered planes. They don't wait in lines. The travel better not be an issue, it is the easiest traveling ever.

They fly on chartered planes. They don't wait in lines. The travel better not be an issue, it is the easiest traveling ever.

I get that. But coming from New York to Minnesota, and then having to fly back out to the east coast for say Penn State or Maryland, is a lot of flying. You don't want to be flying half way across the country if you don't have too, and then have to fly down south to Arkansas, all in a 2 week period. Especially when we could have a game on Wednesday, Nov. 29th and then have to travel back east for a game 2 days later, Friday, Dec. 1st.

I'm just saying I think something like this: vs. Bama(NY), vs. Miami, vs. B1G opponent, @B1G opponent, @Arkansas

is easier then:

vs. Bama(NY), vs. Miami, @B1G opponent, vs. B1G opponent, @Arkansas.

But maybe our game will be @Wisconsin so travelling won't be as much of an issue, this was more specifically if we had to go back out east.

I still think worrying about 3 flights in a two week span is a bit foolish. New York isn't that far from MSP. Under 3 hours. Arkansas is under 2.

If the biggest issue holding back the Gophers is an ambitious travel schedule and lots of flights, I feel pretty great about this season

Top Bottom