Oregon State

#93fanclub

Reaction score
OSU will have 2 games under their belt when they face us. They face Colorado State 8/26 and Portland State 9/2. Probably of little significance other than it shows how bored I am and how anxious I am for Gopher Football to start. It will, though, give us two chances to see them play.

Here's an interesting tidbit. The coaching biographies on the OSU website list phone numbers for each coach. That must generate some interesting voicemail. I would guess some freshman on work-study is assigned to screen it. I can't imagine what our Negative Nellies would do with that opportunity.

Anyway, State Fair starts in 9 days.

I'm nervous.

We beat them by 7 at home, had to come back in the fourth.

I'm nervous.

This was with our "let's just win by 1" and "not open the full playbook" coaching staff.

/Sarcasm

(I really liked Kill/Claeys and I really like Fleck... just an attempt at humor)

It was a weird game last year, with first-game jitters leading to a rash of pre-snap penalties and the multiple ejections. My hope is that this year, being game #2, some of that stuff will be ironed out, and with the new staff here, OSU won't be able to make much out of last year's tape.

My fear is that we weren't much better than they were last year at home, this year we're on the road, and for our QB (assuming it's Croft or Rhoda), it'll be their second time seeing action in a road game ever. If we can come away with a victory - any victory - I'll be quite happy.

I'm nervous.

Keep in mind Brooks didn't play in that game. The Gophers will have 3 extra days of rest and prep for Oregon St. Corvallis is a tough place to play but I think there's reason to be confident as long as the Gophers are able to keep Nall in check. Which they should be able to do to a certain extent with how strong our front 7 is and how inexperienced their offensive line is.

This was with our "let's just win by 1" and "not open the full playbook" coaching staff.

/Sarcasm

(I really liked Kill/Claeys and I really like Fleck... just an attempt at humor)

Also I shouldn't worry because Oregon St. is really bad ... this time too I guess?

Oregon State isn't good. That being said, this is a huge game for the Gophers. Need to be 3-0 after NC play. Easier slate to start the B1G could be pivotal in a decent bowl game and fan interest.

Don't underestimate OSU. I'm in the Portland DMA so I've been following the Beavers a bit. They came off a strong surge at the end of last season, and they look like a much stronger, more confident team now. The offense is looking balanced and sharp. Gopher D is going to be tested. I'm going to be watching the Colorado State game closely to see if my perceptions are on target. If OSU has offense rolling and the Gophers are struggling under a new qb. . .well, there are very few easy games in D1. Even fewer in the power conferences--even at the bottom of the power conferences.

Go Gophers!

We need to focus on Buffalo. Can't speculate on the future because as fans us speculating on the future will cause the team to overlook the previous games.

I'm nervous.

You are making the mistake of being rational, many people on here have figured out that the new coaches and a new Qb are immediately worth another 20 pts per game.

OSU v Colorado State will be a game worth watching, can't believe it's only 11 days away.

Let the negativity begin. Never mind, continue.

I'm nervous...

that when we win Gopherholers will still find the black lining. No, not nervous, expecting it. It's why they play the games, kids.

OSU might have had a surge at the end of last year, but lost a lot on defense, if I remember correctly. OSU's strength is offense and ours is defense, so it'll be strength agaist strength and weakness against weakness, the game may very well come down to special teams and turnovers.

It's pretty simple: we had the sloppiest game of the year vs OSU. That, and we failed to contain Nall. Reduce the mistakes, key on Nall and we have a great chance at the W.

Lots of questions on OSU. Can't wait to see what happens.

Let the negativity begin. Never mind, continue.

I'm nervous...

that when we win Gopherholers will still find the black lining. No, not nervous, expecting it. It's why they play the games, kids.

Were they quality* wins...

CSU is a pretty good football team and is opening up a brand new, on campus stadium against Oregon State.

Unless it's against Buffalo.

Or Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, Purdue...more than a few posted that WSU was Gophs only quality win last year while also discounting its ranking.

Top Bottom