College basketball rankings: Duke jumps up to No. 1 after landing Bagley (#14. Minn)

Gophers crack a top 10

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1, 2, 3, and 7 are my preseason Final Four, with #3 winning it all.

per CBS:

#14. Minnesota

Minnesota's fourth-place finish in the Big Ten was one of last season's biggest surprises, and most of the key players from that team are back. So Richard Pitino should return to the NCAA Tournament in 2018 and have a chance to advance to the second weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...jumps-up-to-no-1-after-landing-marvin-bagley/

Go Gophers!!

Miami, Bama, and Providence are all there. Should be one of the more exciting non-conference schedules we've had in a few years.

Andy Enfield is poised to turn that USC program into something special very quickly. I wonder how long he'll last there until the big boys come calling for his services? I have a hard time thinking of USC basketball as a destination job.

Andy Enfield is poised to turn that USC program into something special very quickly. I wonder how long he'll last there until the big boys come calling for his services? I have a hard time thinking of USC basketball as a destination job.

I don't anything about the area, so I might be uninformed. But my question is if USC football can be a destination job, why not basketball. Other than not having the historical pedigree, what is it missing?

I don't anything about the area, so I might be uninformed. But my question is if USC football can be a destination job, why not basketball. Other than not having the historical pedigree, what is it missing?

Fan support. I'm from the area. The only game they ever sell out is UCLA, partly due to UCLA fans. When Minnesota were in town a few years ago there were at least twice as many gopher fans as USC fans.

Fan support. I'm from the area. The only game they ever sell out is UCLA, partly due to UCLA fans. When Minnesota were in town a few years ago there were at least twice as many gopher fans as USC fans.

Can they get support if they win a lot?

Can they get support if they win a lot?

Well they've never really won a lot in the recent past, so I can't definitively answer that but the answer is probably still no. This past year showed a definite uptick in support, but players were still complaining about how empty the arena was and I can't fault them. USC alums are loyal to the point of arrogance, so maybe if they actually realized their school had a basketball team they would come out.

If he can recruit well and they can pay him, it doesn't seem like there would be a strong incentive to leave. He's got 2 top 50 commits for 2018 and has a few 4-stars in previous classes, along with getting former 5-star Derryck Thornton as a transfer from Duke. I would assume USC's athletic department makes quite a bit of money off of their football team, so they could afford to keep him.

USC = Football, Baseball, Water Polo, Tennis. All other sports = meh.

Top Bottom