Marvin Bagley III (#1 2018 class) reclassifies to 2017, commits to Duke on ESPN live

rowdaboat

Reaction score
And he's still the #1 ranked in this year's class.

Crazy that he reclassified. Good move I guess. Into the NBA a year sooner.

Dook is a freaking disgrace and Coach K is a groveling, hypocritical prick who'd lead you to believe he's running a program of lofty ideals. Sign up the day before classes? Not an issue!

At least Calipari does not pretend to be something he's not and UNC keeps its players around more than a year.

Dook is a freaking disgrace and Coach K is a groveling, hypocritical prick who'd lead you to believe he's running a program of lofty ideals. Sign up the day before classes? Not an issue!

At least Calipari does not pretend to be something he's not and UNC keeps its players around more than a year.
Agreed. K has become a cheap impression of himself. I was in Arizona two years ago when Bagley left Hillcrest to play AAU. Two days later, K is embracing Bagley I, IU and III with their own practice in Cameron. Dementia, Knight-like.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Agreed. K has become a cheap impression of himself. I was in Arizona two years ago when Bagley left Hillcrest to play AAU. Two days later, K is embracing Bagley I, IU and III with their own practice in Cameron. Dementia, Knight-like.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My respect for Calipari grows with each one and done K signs, simply because Cal doesn't possess the arrogant holier than thou, shaper of men BS that has become K's carefully crafted brand. He plays the same game Cal does because he wants to win above all else, but Cal takes the bullets for the erosion of college basketball while K rides away on his high horse.

The "one and done" rule is to blame for the current situation like Duke and Kentucky. Kids have 1 shot at winning a title and feel like the best chance is to join other 1 year players to accomplish this goal. Until the rule is changed in some form this will continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should go back to letting them go pro out of High School. Would put all the pressure on the NBA scouts and the kids would really have to take stock in themselves.

My respect for Calipari grows with each one and done K signs, simply because Cal doesn't possess the arrogant holier than thou, shaper of men BS that has become K's carefully crafted brand. He plays the same game Cal does because he wants to win above all else, but Cal takes the bullets for the erosion of college basketball while K rides away on his high horse.

Very well put though I never thought I would agree with anything that had the phrase, "My respect for Calipari grows ..."

They should go back to letting them go pro out of High School. Would put all the pressure on the NBA scouts and the kids would really have to take stock in themselves.

Why would the NBA want to make it harder on their scouts and more of a crapshoot on who they draft?

I love Calipari. He says it how it is. He wants the best players to play for him for one year, then go pro. He doesn't care if they are interested in a degree. He doesn't care if they tell him day 1 they will go pro after the season. He takes them, molds them, teaches them to be better players and sends them on their way. Then does it again.

I have no respect for Coach K at this point. Criticizes the one and done era, then jumps in realizing his 5th year seniors are going to get killed in March by Cal and his kids.

I love Calipari. He says it how it is. He wants the best players to play for him for one year, then go pro. He doesn't care if they are interested in a degree. He doesn't care if they tell him day 1 they will go pro after the season. He takes them, molds them, teaches them to be better players and sends them on their way. Then does it again.

I have no respect for Coach K at this point. Criticizes the one and done era, then jumps in realizing his 5th year seniors are going to get killed in March by Cal and his kids.

Exactly, I lost all respect for Coach K. He was one of the main coaches critiquing one & dones, but now he goes after 4 or 5 a year. The worst part about all of it is he doesn't receive any where near the scrutiny that Calipari gets.

Its an NBA rule not an NCAA one

I mean one can criticize capitalism while realizing in order to succeed you have to play by those rules. He adapted like good coaches do. Honestly in my adulthood I haven't really seen or heard all the holier than thou stuff from coach K. I assume it comes from the late 80's early 90's when the Duke hatred really started and people just hold on to it. I don't have any love for Duke either, just never really saw all the reason for the hate for K in particular

I mean one can criticize capitalism while realizing in order to succeed you have to play by those rules. He adapted like good coaches do. Honestly in my adulthood I haven't really seen or heard all the holier than thou stuff from coach K. I assume it comes from the late 80's early 90's when the Duke hatred really started and people just hold on to it. I don't have any love for Duke either, just never really saw all the reason for the hate for K in particular

I could link you to dozens of articles from the past 5-7 years of Coach K criticizing the one and done method...while he recruits one and dones.

It isn't like Bagley is on the fence about his plans. Everyone knows what he is doing. Don't pretend Coach K doesn't know.

Top Bottom