Badgers Ink Two-Game Series with Notre Dame

These neutral site games are so lame. I imagine every wisconsin fan would love to go to South Bend, instead they get to see their team play at Soldier Field.

At the time TCF opened, ND played Michigan, MSU, and Purdue on the regular so that argument made some sense. They've since ditched all but one of those teams (MSU the last couple years, Michigan next year) so they're probably OK adding a second team on a case-by-case basis.

Also important to note that they are neutral site games (in Green Bay, and in Chicago). Neutral site games are lame.

These neutral site games are so lame. I imagine every wisconsin fan would love to go to South Bend, instead they get to see their team play at Soldier Field.

Considering every badger alum lives in either Chicago or Minneapolis, it won't be hard for them to make the game. My goodness wisconsin is a ****-hole

Easy for us to call these neutral site games "lame"...we don't get the opportunity to play in them.

In recent history, including this newly announced series, WI will have played Alabama, LSU x2, and ND x2. When was last time we had non-con games with that type of pedigree?

Easy for us to call these neutral site games "lame"...we don't get the opportunity to play in them.

In recent history, including this newly announced series, WI will have played Alabama, LSU x2, and ND x2. When was last time we had non-con games with that type of pedigree?

The home-and-home with USC is the best non-con blueblood we've played in recent memory.

The home-and-home with USC is the best non-con blueblood we've played in recent memory.

Yup. Brewster is rippable on pretty much all fronts, but he wanted to play the big boys. They had a series scheduled with Texas at one point too that never materialized.

I get what you're saying. But if we ever scheduled someone like Notre Dame, I want it to be at TCF and Notre Dame Stadium. I'd understand a "neutral" game if they were just playing them once.

Good for WI, I think it's great when these type of games are played.

I would call neutral-site games lame either way, because they unquestionably are.

Tough non-conference games have zero value unless you think you will be in the running for the playoff. Give me 3 cream puffs before conference play every year. Many years it is the only time to get excited about certain players.

I would call neutral-site games lame either way, because they unquestionably are.

I guess you should let all the helmet schools know that what they continue to do is 'unquestionably lame'. And turn down the large amount of money they are getting for them.

FSU and Alabama are getting paid 5 million each, plus 30,000 tickets priced between $125-$250 along with other benefits for their game this year. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/bama-can-nearly-pay-nick-sabans-salary-payout-17-game-vs-fsu/

The home-and-home against Cal was sweet as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough non-conference games have zero value unless you think you will be in the running for the playoff. Give me 3 cream puffs before conference play every year. Many years it is the only time to get excited about certain players.

Often, both teams are written big checks for playing the game at a neutral site.

There's value in that.

Also, it has to help with recruiting.

Honest Question - why would a WI-ND game played at Soldier Field help recruiting more than a WI-ND game played at South Bend or Madison? Assuming both are on the same channel I would argue a home game would show better atmosphere than a neutral site game.

Honest Question - why would a WI-ND game played at Soldier Field help recruiting more than a WI-ND game played at South Bend or Madison? Assuming both are on the same channel I would argue a home game would show better atmosphere than a neutral site game.

Basically, I think that regardless of where it is played, a 2 game series with Notre Dame helps put the spotlight on that team.

I think the neutral site part of this is dumb.

As stated, I'd sooner go to the game at Notre Dame than Soldier Field.

The game at Lambeau, well, it's going to be filled with Packer fans who already saw Lambeau.
The game at Soldier Field... meh.

I hope both teams lose both games by the way.

Basically, I think that regardless of where it is played, a 2 game series with Notre Dame helps put the spotlight on that team.

Gotcha. Misunderstood your previous post.

I guess you should let all the helmet schools know that what they continue to do is 'unquestionably lame'. And turn down the large amount of money they are getting for them.

FSU and Alabama are getting paid 5 million each, plus 30,000 tickets priced between $125-$250 along with other benefits for their game this year. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/bama-can-nearly-pay-nick-sabans-salary-payout-17-game-vs-fsu/

So, to be clear, the virtue of a decision is based on how much profit it generates?

Playing 3 creampuffs is more lame (lamer?) than playing neutral site games between helmet schools. It would be wonderful to play a meaningful game against an interesting opponent early in the season before reality sets in about our team's expectations, dashed amid a mundane schedule littered with losses to almost there helmet schools like Wisconsin and back sliding helmet schools like Nebraska.

The Neutral site game at Lambeau last year the Badgers played LSU. It was packed, and possibly the most fun I ever had at a game including Madison. Chicago is full of UW and ND grads that will be a huge sellout too. When it's done right. It's not lame.

How many LSU fans would you guess were able to get tickets and do you know how much the two teams got paid?

The Neutral site game at Lambeau last year the Badgers played LSU. It was packed, and possibly the most fun I ever had at a game including Madison. Chicago is full of UW and ND grads that will be a huge sellout too. When it's done right. It's not lame.

I actually think the Soldier Field game is a great idea, as others have said Chicago is packed with Madison and ND grads. That game will be a hot ticket! As for the Lambeau field game, meh, they just did it. I'd wait and do it every 10 years or so. But I'm not a marketer so what do I know.

I actually think the Soldier Field game is a great idea, as others have said Chicago is packed with Madison and ND grads. That game will be a hot ticket! As for the Lambeau field game, meh, they just did it. I'd wait and do it every 10 years or so. But I'm not a marketer so what do I know.

Lambeau will be packed and remember it's 2020! The Tailgating is unmatched. All the LSU people I spoke with said this was like a bucket list trip for them.

Lambeau will be packed and remember it's 2020! The Tailgating is unmatched. All the LSU people I spoke with said this was like a bucket list trip for them.

Yeah personally I would just wait longer. Do it too many times too fast and it will lose its appeal whether it's a bucket list for visiting fans or not. Maybe after this 2nd one wait for a while.

Yeah personally I would just wait longer. Do it too many times too fast and it will lose its appeal whether it's a bucket list for visiting fans or not. Maybe after this 2nd one wait for a while.

I see your point. It will be 4 years though. I think you are underestimating the draw that is Lambeau Field!

Top Bottom