Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Notes from Gophers' closed scrimmage today

Go Gophers!!

[QUOTE=BleedGopher;1419098]

Good grammar Darren

Was there no other media there? I'm not big on the Twitter, but I'd think there would be a bunch of notes/impressions out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MGGopher View Post
    Was there no other media there? I'm not big on the Twitter, but I'd think there would be a bunch of notes/impressions out there.
    He was even there! In his twitter feed he said "he heard".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MGGopher View Post
    Closed scrimmage - to fans and media, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm one of the 4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Closed scrimmage - to fans and media, I believe.

Si

I'm starting to think PJ has no intention of naming a starter publicly soon. Which is fine.

I'm one of the 4-5

Same here.
    Guessing that prior to Sat. they were leaning one way, but the other person had a better day.

Default I know, I know, BUT

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I'm starting to think PJ has no intention of naming a starter publicly soon. Which is fine.

You are not a Bud Grant fan Spooof BUT I always liked the decisions Bud Grant made as a coach more than any other coaches in Minnesota football, basketball or baseball "recent" history. Bud always said: "Never make a decision until you have to." As a coach, it's a great piece of wisdom to utilize. One of the two could get hurt between now and game day or any number of other scenarios. You can always tell the healthy one and your team, he was your guy all along. In the meantime, it forces the guys to compete, focus, and perform. Sometimes in the process character is revealed you didn't want to see making the decision easier.
    So ya, totally cool with no starter named. It's also fit's into PJ's media buzz plan...the suspense, the intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    You are not a Bud Grant fan Spooof BUT I always liked the decisions Bud Grant made as a coach more than any other coaches in Minnesota football, basketball or baseball "recent" history. Bud always said: "Never make a decision until you have to." As a coach, it's a great piece of wisdom to utilize. One of the two could get hurt between now and game day or any number of other scenarios. You can always tell the healthy one and your team, he was your guy all along. In the meantime, it forces the guys to compete, focus, and perform. Sometimes in the process character is revealed you didn't want to see making the decision easier.
    So ya, totally cool with no starter named. It's also fit's into PJ's media buzz plan...the suspense, the intrigue.
    Bud was a great coach. The only thing I didn't like was the "I'm so tough I don't need a hat" persona. Oh-well. The bolded part makes perfect sense.

I'm one of the 4-5

[QUOTEhim and Rhoda led scoring drives.][/QUOTE] beautiful doogie. What school did you attend? Him cannot do anything, the correct word is he.
    "Husker is astute. Not perfect, but astute." diehard August 2013

Never show your cards until absolutely necessary. Spoof and 60's Guy are spot on. I am not sure exactly when the starting QB will be named, but I would guess 7-10 days before the Buffalo game. Be assured PJ will let it be known that they are going to need both QB's healthy and ready to play for the team to be Elite.

Witholding the name of the starting QB will be critical to keeping Buffalo from studying film of our QB and game planning for us. A key to victory!
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Witholding the name of the starting QB will be critical to keeping Buffalo from studying film of our QB and game planning for us. A key to victory!
    Especially since they have an advantage with Coach Z on their staff!!