Fox Sports: Ranking logos of all-time Minnesota teams (10. U of M Gophers)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fox Sports:

With the Minnesota Lynx set to unveil a new logo for the 2018 season, FOX Sports North took a look back at all the symbols used to represent collegiate and professional sports in the state. We’ve taken the top 20 and ranked them accordingly (at least in our judgment).

10. University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Being known by one letter is a pretty cool distinction. We're still not sure about the boat thing.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/gall...o-duluth-lakers-wild-timberwolves-lynx-081117

Go Gophers!!

T'wolves and MN United should be towards the bottom, not top, of this list IMO.

Do you think they like basketball? Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Stars #1. No question.

Kicks #1 if you're stoned.

Fighting Saints #1 if you're from the Iron Range and you're on your 5th beer early in the 2nd period.

Twins #1, Gophers Block M #2, North Stars #3 and Vikings #4

I'd like our Block M better if we wrapped the words "Row The Boat" around the perimeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like our Block M better if we wrapped the words "Row The Boat" around the perimeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mix in HYPPR and you got my vote!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

The Wolves and Saints logos are just to busy IMHO at least. Like the Vikings and Gopher logos much more. Both are very clean and that Vikings logo has reached iconic levels.

Gotta hope that both teams can get there too.

Current logos:
1. MN United
2. Vikings
3. U of M
4. Wild
5. Twins
6. Wolves

My top 5 would be:
1. Gophers M
2. Vikings (the horn on the helmet - not the other logos)
3. Twins
4. North Stars
5. United (just wish they'd call themselves the loons instead of United)

I'm a huge Wild fan, but not a big fan of the logo.

I think the Fighting Saints logo was hard to top-it fit the team.
The Vikings logo is great branding.
Then, I'd certainly put the block M in third.

As to the rest, Minnesota United is strong and I'd place the old Lynx logo ahead of just about anything else.

I've always liked the St. Cloud State interpretation of the Canadian's "C"; but it's a copy after all.

The Timber Wolves should keep trying.

I think the Fighting Saints logo was hard to top-it fit the team.
The Vikings logo is great branding.
Then, I'd certainly put the block M in third.

As to the rest, Minnesota United is strong and I'd place the old Lynx logo ahead of just about anything else.

I've always liked the St. Cloud State interpretation of the Canadian's "C"; but it's a copy after all.

The Timber Wolves should keep trying.

Agree. Fighting Saints logo is on a list by itself.

No respect for my Dragons

+1. I don't care at all about Moorhead, but that logo is badass. From a pure design aesthetic, it's one of the best on the list. The Moose and Kicks logos look like bad 5th-grade art projects.

+1. I don't care at all about Moorhead, but that logo is badass. From a pure design aesthetic, it's one of the best on the list. The Moose and Kicks logos look like bad 5th-grade art projects.

Mankato's logo is pretty badass as well...

MSU Mavs1.pngMSU Mavs 2.jpg

Top Bottom