WR Shoutout Rare

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

RECIEVER SHOUTOUT RARE

Fleck said he doesn’t often mention unproven players until they’ve earned it. So it was noteworthy when he again praised freshman wide receiver Demetrius Douglas and Chris Autman-Bell on Friday, calling them “phenomenal” players. He called Douglas one of the team’s best wideouts, with plans to play him this fall.

Autman-Bell, however, wore a walking boot on his left foot on Friday. “He might be out just a little bit,” said Fleck, without sharing specifics on Autman-Bell’s injury. “I don’t know how long yet.”

Autman-Bell will be monitored to see how he recovers from the setback this week. “It’s not a season-ending injury or anything like that,” Fleck said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/1...-up-heat-on-quarterbacks-others-in-scrimmage/

Go Gophers!!

I saw a different story where Fleck said the injury to Autman-Bell could result in the staff deciding whether to redshirt him or not, depending on how much time he misses. There was a quote about doing what was best for the long-term success of the team - which sounds like "if he's going to miss more than a couple games, let's redshirt him and save a full year of eligibility." At least it does in my coach-to-english dictionary.

I saw a different story where Fleck said the injury to Autman-Bell could result in the staff deciding whether to redshirt him or not, depending on how much time he misses. There was a quote about doing what was best for the long-term success of the team - which sounds like "if he's going to miss more than a couple games, let's redshirt him and save a full year of eligibility." At least it does in my coach-to-english dictionary.

Yeah, I saw PJF in a video say exactly that RE CAB3. Bummer if it comes to that - was looking forward to seeing him this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autman-Bell being in a boot, with an unknown length of time to recover, suggests a high ankle sprain. Redshirt or not I hope they're conservative and get it properly healed so he can practice as much as possible this year.

Yeah, I saw PJF in a video say exactly that RE CAB3. Bummer if it comes to that - was looking forward to seeing him this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said both in the video. He said "It's not a season ending injury" and followed it up with "we'll have to monitor his progress and decide if we will redshirt him"

Top Bottom