Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Vikings sign running back Bronson Hill over David Cobb - TwinCities.com

Quote Originally Posted by joshvanklomp View Post
    He didn't get the spot.
    The Vikings signed running back Bronson Hill on Saturday to replace the injured Bishop Sankey.

Hill had worked out along with former University of Minnesota running back David Cobb, and the Vikings went with Hill.

Hill replaces on the roster Sankey, who was waived with an injury designation after suffering a season-ending knee injury in Thursday’s 17-10 win over Buffalo in the preseason opener. After Sankey, who suffered a torn right ACL, clears waivers, he will go on injured reserve.

Hill was undrafted in 2015 out of Eastern Michigan and has had NFL stints with Buffalo, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Jacksonville. He got his only NFL action in the 2016 finale for the Jaguars, carrying two times for 11 yards.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/12...er-david-cobb/

The guy's hopped around and has barely touched the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinnius View Post
    I remember Sylvester Croom not being impressed with Cobb's work ethic:

Croom on Cobb: “I like his natural running ability, his natural running instincts. But he has a long way to go. He has to learn how to be a pro as far as work ethic, taking care of his body, getting in here early and doing the little things it takes to be a pro. He still hasn’t quite learned what being professional means, so he has to learn that. There’s no scholarships here, and his work ethic has to be better. He has to learn to practice like you play in a game. Once he does that, he has a chance to be a good football player.”

http://www.titansonline.com/news/art...7-c507aa4b8fc0
    I'm surprised to hear this about Cobb. I thought he would do the little things you need to do at the next level.