Jueneman Scholarship on TODAY Show

Awesome publicity for the University. One more example of what having a coach with some forward thinking and personality can do for positive exposure. Curious if we reached out to them or if somebody locally pick this up and proposed it.

https://www.today.com/video/college-football-player-gets-surprise-scholarship-via-air-cannon-1022456899896

I spent several years of my career in PR, and I would wager this is viral-related, not pushed by the U. Great stories like this sell themselves, they don't need a PR hack pushing it, locally or nationally.

Simply awesome.

So glad we have Fleck as coach.

Between the Jueneman story and "Being PJ Fleck" the program is getting some seriously positive PR. I can't help but think that he'll be able to attract his kind of player in the future. This can't help but bring the program a long stride closer to prominence!

I was mostly already on board with Coach Fleck. I'm officially hooked now.

Ski-U-Mah and Row the Boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved the comment "its like a post game celebration for what he did in life"

I spent several years of my career in PR, and I would wager this is viral-related, not pushed by the U. Great stories like this sell themselves, they don't need a PR hack pushing it, locally or nationally.

Absolutely. Yahoo Sports twitter account immediately reached out via tweet to the U asking to use the video, for example. Great use of a scholarship. Priceless PR.

So Fleck got this to go viral in an age when going viral is a huge deal.

Think that might help or hurt recruiting 16 and 17 year old kids.

This should pay dividends with the remaining scholarships available for '18 and also for the start of the '19 class.

Parents seeing this have got to feel fuzzy inside!

How in hell is this going to hurt recruiting? All the negativity that is in this town sucks (thanks Rick Pitino).

Last fall everything being focused on re Gopher football was the sex scandal. Now we are focusing on stories like this. I, for one, am thrilled to see this kind of focus. Maybe the next scholarship will go to the guy who has excelled academically. Just think of all the scholarships that basically go to waste. By doing this Fleck has bought millions of dollars in positive PR for his team and school. It will pay off down the road in recruiting. Parents will hear about this story and be impressed. So will high school coaches. And most importantly ... players.

You just cannot place enough value on happenings like this. Awe inspiring, and completely genuine.

People that do not believe that Coach Fleck is genuine are nuts. We've got a good one.

How in hell is this going to hurt recruiting? All the negativity that is in this town sucks (thanks Rick Pitino).

Last fall everything being focused on re Gopher football was the sex scandal. Now we are focusing on stories like this. I, for one, am thrilled to see this kind of focus. Maybe the next scholarship will go to the guy who has excelled academically. Just think of all the scholarships that basically go to waste. By doing this Fleck has bought millions of dollars in positive PR for his team and school. It will pay off down the road in recruiting. Parents will hear about this story and be impressed. So will high school coaches. And most importantly ... players.

Guessing it was a sarcastic question not a statement. Will the Justin J publicity help or hurt recruiting? most definitely it will help.

Guessing it was a sarcastic question not a statement. Will the Justin J publicity help or hurt recruiting? most definitely it will help.

+1

Yes. Exactly. It was a rhetorical question I was asking when I asked "Do you think it will help or hurt recruiting?"

Of course it will help. Not to mention he picked a skinny, red-headed, kicker. What better example that a kids life can change by doing what Justin J was doing.
Simply awesome.

PJ changed this kids life in a pretty big way.

Top Bottom