Davonte Fitzgerald status

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Anyone have an update on how he is doing health wise? Will he be ready for the season?

He has been cleared since late June/early July and they have been taking things slowly with him. I think he'll be good to go for the season as he will have had about 4 months after being cleared to regain his strength in his knee and to regain his confidence.

Did he play in the pro-am? I'm just curious if he has been able to shake the rust of in games.

There's an interview with Springs in today's tribune. Worth reading as he has some interesting comments on Fitzgerald and other players.

There's an interview with Springs in today's tribune. Worth reading as he has some interesting comments on Fitzgerald and other players.

Q: What are your impressions from what you’ve seen from the Gophers this summer?

A: They’ll be better because of the pieces they added like Isaiah (Washington), Jamir (Harris) and Davonte (Fitzgerald). Davonte is one of my favorites. I think he’s going to shock everybody this year. So Davonte is another piece they add that’s going to take them to the next level. We have a group text message going right now. And they know if they lose I’ll be really disappointed. I don’t expect them to lose – ever this year. We have a group text going for the team that they let me stay in it. That’s really cool thing that we all keep in touch.

http://www.startribune.com/akeem-sp...n-be-better-without-him-in-2017-18/439771053/

I've been crossing my fingers on the health of Fitzgerald all summer long. I've only heard positive things about him ever since he transferred here. He can be a good asset off our bench. With him healthy (knock on wood), this team is deep in the frontcourt, which is something that was definitely missing last year.

Q: What are your impressions from what you’ve seen from the Gophers this summer?

A: They’ll be better because of the pieces they added like Isaiah (Washington), Jamir (Harris) and Davonte (Fitzgerald). Davonte is one of my favorites. I think he’s going to shock everybody this year. So Davonte is another piece they add that’s going to take them to the next level. We have a group text message going right now. And they know if they lose I’ll be really disappointed. I don’t expect them to lose – ever this year. We have a group text going for the team that they let me stay in it. That’s really cool thing that we all keep in touch.

http://www.startribune.com/akeem-sp...n-be-better-without-him-in-2017-18/439771053/

Thanks for posting--that was a fun read. It will be really interesting to see how many minutes Davonte gets. I hope he's quick enough to play the 3 a little bit.

Top Bottom