Wisconsin senior inside linebacker Jack Cichy will miss the 2017 season with Torn ACL

Ouch. That sucks for him and the team. Never want to see that, even if it is wisconsin

That's a really big loss for them. He was projected to be possibly the best LB in the conference this year. And having lost Watt and Biegel to the draft ... that makes three down from an exceptional group last year. Of course, they still have Edwards back, but tough to fill another hole there.

Takes some of the sting off the loss of AWjr for the season.

That's a really big loss for them. He was projected to be possibly the best LB in the conference this year. And having lost Watt and Biegel to the draft ... that makes three down from an exceptional group last year. Of course, they still have Edwards back, but tough to fill another hole there.

It does hurt the Badgers, but Edwards and Orr were their starters at ILB to start the season last year until Orr got hurt. They are both back. ILB is the deepest position on the team

It does hurt the Badgers, but Edwards and Orr were their starters at ILB to start the season last year until Orr got hurt. They are both back. ILB is the deepest position on the team

I believe Cichy was projected to be a starter but they have some talent at the position so you could be right.

Big loss for the badgers but they are pretty deep at LB so I wouldn't project a huge drop off. Tough break - not sure if he can do a medical redshirt. One of the Badger lurkers can fill us in.

Hate to see that happen to nice Hill-Murray kids. He's a heck of a player that started as a walk-on. I assume Minnesota was never in the mix. His sister was a heck of a basketball player in high school too (and played for the Badgers).

Tough luck for Mr.Cichy. Hope that he heals well and get to play in the NFL if he wants. Not sure of that haircut though.

Hate to see such a potentially great player go down like that. Be interesting to see if he stays another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to say it but Wisconsin will be just fine. That is what makes them as good as they are each and every year. It's just another opportunity for the next guy in line to step in and be a contributor. That's why I think depth is underrated at times...we always talk about the starters and the big stars but it's those guys standing behind them who are the keys to success when a starter goes down to injury. Every team will have injuries but it's your depth that separates the good teams from the great teams.

I hate to say it but Wisconsin will be just fine. That is what makes them as good as they are each and every year. It's just another opportunity for the next guy in line to step in and be a contributor. That's why I think depth is underrated at times...we always talk about the starters and the big stars but it's those guys standing behind them who are the keys to success when a starter goes down to injury. Every team will have injuries but it's your depth that separates the good teams from the great teams.

All true, but let's be clear that wisconsin is just a 'good' team and not a 'great' team.

They might be a great team... but are they an Elite team?

No. Great teams don't choke away 21 point leads, score 3 second half points, and give up 435 yards vs PSU. I'll give them...good with potential to be great but they never really break through that wall. They are definitely not elite.

What defines a great team for you, other than not being Wisconsin?

Semantics. Wisconsin is on the cusp, but they're just short. They rarely get upset and can upset the big dogs, but don't often....I'd be happy with their success here in MN

What defines a great team for you, other than not being Wisconsin?

Admittedly it is a soft target, but "I know one, when I see one" and wisconsin has been very competitive in the very recent history but they have not been great (heck, if you read Gopherhole they would have lost to the Gophers the last 3 years if we had a decent QB). Most of the country views them much like peak Boise St. A dangerous team, but never really a true threat to win it all. Kinda cute. Why are you choosing to argue this? Are you a closet BADger? That would actually make a lot of sense. I should say, though, I believe wisconsin's level of very recent success is about what I view as the ceiling for the Gophers so, as much as I hate wisconsin, I am not "hating" on wisconsin. They have maximized the level of success that can be expected from the Upper Midwest.

They will NEVER win a National Championship because they lack great athlete's at the skilled positions. The best they will continue to hope for is getting to the B1G Ten Championship game,
and of course getting lawn boyed by the likes of tOSU, Michigan, or Penn State.

Gopher fans should not be trashing talking Wisconsin football. Talking about them getting "lawn boyed" in the B1G championship, I would hate to hear your description of the last dozen years of our series with them.

Gopher fans should not be trashing talking Wisconsin football. Talking about them getting "lawn boyed" in the B1G championship, I would hate to hear your description of the last dozen years of our series with them.

There was an insinuation that Wisconsin may be a great team and we were simply pointing out they have not risen to an elite level. We even allowed they are a good program...with fans that can't be allowed to get too big for their britches. We are all familiar with the Gopher's struggles but that is a totally separate topic.

Wisconsin is on the decline now

Wisconsin is on the decline now

I know you're not being serious, but I keep waiting for this to be true like Barry's kid staring at the microwave waiting for the bird to pop!

Back to the thread topic . . . no matter how you feel about Wisconsin football, when healthy, Jack Cichy has been one of the most entertaining players to watch in the B1G the last couple years. It is a real shame his collegiate career is most likely over, as he is already a 5th year senior. One more example of Wisconsin walk-on growing into team captain.

Top Bottom