PJ Fleck, staff, players deserve support Aug. 31st

It's a good gang to be in. Very determined. Did you see how many times each of us voted in the recent poll? Impressive.

Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Difficult to judge the sincerity of the "Go Gophers" ending to the post without being able to see the non verbal and hear the vocal quality... given that only appx 55 % of all human communication is verbal. :cool:

I will also be there!!

(Is this self-promotion?)

The Jeuneman award doesn't affect us this year or next. It was simply a bridge to talk about scholarship numbers.

I get that, but was asking because someone on here said he only got a scholarship because Gentry left the program, but according to the chart, they had a scholarship to give.

I get that, but was asking because someone on here said he only got a scholarship because Gentry left the program, but according to the chart, they had a scholarship to give.

Got ya. It seems there will need to be some attrition between now and next August. If they do sign 25-28 that means 5-8 guys will need to transfer out, assuming Register leaves. If I'm incorrect please point it out. Some of that will happen organically but How much?

How these transfers happen is sometimes the dark underbelly of coaching. Coach making clear they are not useful to the team/unwelcome is sort of the yin to the Juenemann-type yang. Oversigning king Saban claims he's never told a guy to get lost (not in so many words).

He gave it out then because it literally just opened up with Gentry retiring. They announced it pretty much as soon as they could.

According to the Scholarship grid they had an open scholarship even before Gentry left, so it could have been planned, like I suggested, to give Justin a scholarship on that particular day.
Was a great move none the less.

I'd hate to see the U without a coach on the field.

Wrong! You definitely don't want to see that during the game. There are new rules being implemented this fall that says if coach steps on the field a penalty will be assessed.

I will also be there!!

(Is this self-promotion?)

Since you felt the need to post, yes, it apparently is self promotion.

I think that's how this works.

Beavcoon and Kin on the Move

Guided by the early Harvest Moon
Will come Beavcoon in the old Econoline of maroon.
Carrying the usual suspects and a suspect ticket
Ski-U-Mah lot we'll be there to kick it!

Bulldog and family will be there with the foods
while the Grizzled Bear wil hang with the dudes.
Giant Sloth will will break out the 95 Sega
and duke it out with Albino Squirrel to see who will be the alpha and omega.

The Hen will also be there, hopefully not in his party funk,
and needs to embrace the tailgate and not be a punk!
Will the Red Squirrel Show up?
Who knows! But we'll be there to fill his cup!

Beavcoon in the room with Slash and CC Deville

I support PJ Fleck because he wants to make a difference in other people's lives.

There's this false narrative that everything is all about PJ Fleck, but I disagree. It's all about this culture. The culture is all about serving and giving. If PJ was as self-centered and narcissistic as some of you think he is, why would he give a 5th-year third-string walk-on kicker a scholarship? How does that help PJ Fleck win a football game this year?

Then there's the hubbub about the helmets. I agree that words on a helmet do not help win a football game. But why is that the only determining factor to do something?

Everyone talks about the volume he speaks with and the energy he has. Clearly that turns some people off. Others don't mind it. Others love it. I fall into the category of people who don't mind it. I like that he has the passion, but it really doesn't affect me.

What I do love is the culture. Really, that's what everything comes back to for me. The community service. The team functions. Trying to mold these kids into responsible young men. It's kids like Justin Juenemann who embody what this culture is going to be about under PJ Fleck.

There are some people who only care about wins and losses. I don't. While I do believe this coaching staff can be successful on the field here over its tenure, it's not why I support them as much as I do.

"More than football" was one of the things Fleck said he wants he program to be about. I guess some people just don't like that.

If that makes me a Fleckite or whatever the trendy word of the week is, I don't care. I won't apologize for supporting PJ Fleck.

We will see. I think he makes a difference for other people when there is a camera that will see it.

Top Bottom