Kicker Justin Juenemann receives the surprise of a lifetime from a special friend

DanielHouse

Reaction score
Kicker Justin Juenemann received the surprise of a lifetime from his friend, Kyle, a patient at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital. Juenemann developed a relationship with Kyle during team hospital visits. With the help of a t-shirt gun, Kyle surprised Juenemann with a full-ride scholarship.

"I've never seen anybody serve and give more than that guy; who is not a star player, who hasn't played. Where his face is recognizable." head coach P.J. Fleck said in the video. "He could easily just not do it and nobody would ever say anything and all he does is continue to keep his oar in the water; live that holistic life academically, athletically, socially and spiritually."

Fleck added, "You are sitting here looking at two examples of what our culture can do. What we can do for other people, what other people can do for us, and what we can do for them."

Here's the full video (a must-watch):

I think it has been fantastic to see how much Coach Fleck and the team has been involved in the Masonic Children's Hospital. Absolutely fantastic. Coach Pinto's Basketball Team was there recently also. Awesome!

Thanks for sharing! Loved the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!

Incredible. I love love love seeing this stuff.

Off the charts awesome!!!

Goosebumps!
What a great video!
Not sure which was better, the reaction of his teammates or that of his mom.

Eric Decker chimes in:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Came up on Facebook about 10 minutes ago. Just bloody awesome!

This is really awesome.

I'm already proud of what this team has done.
So much personality and doing such a good job of showing how they are making a positive impact on the community. Exactly what this program needed.

Folks, this is what an elite culture looks like. We are changing our best every day.

Surprise of a lifetime could have been a tshirt gun to the face....

BTN's Yarina chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Was going to criticize the camera work for being blurry...wasn't the camera...well done.

FootballScoop chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

It made its way down to KC

How about the AFCA?

What I like about this is that players reaching out to the community is being made public. I know of players going back to the Brewster era that have visited people at the hospital. Glad coach Fleck is emphasizing this, and give the young man a scholarship!

Great tradition! Great Job Justin Juenemann!!!

Row the boat with the Gophers and you never know what rewards you will reap. Congratulations Justin!

ESPN's Rittenberg chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom