Kicker Justin Juenemann receives the surprise of a lifetime from a special friend

Congrats Justin. Great work on and off the field. Ski U Mah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some really good things going on in U of M athletics. Great video !

That was incredible for a bunch of reasons. That's the type of athlete I want to see represent my Alma Matter. Great for him to serve the community and work hard. I love how Fleck is building a connection with the community. It will make MSP a better place, grow the Gopher fanbase, and hopefully help fill the Bank.

Also a great gesture by Fleck to push his culture onto the rest of the team and community. Some nice publicity too for the program that hasn't had a lot of good publicity recently.

What I loved was the reaction of the players. This is a cohesive and enthusiastic unit that Fleck has built. I just know it will pay off on the scoreboard.

What I loved was the reaction of the players. This is a cohesive and enthusiastic unit that Fleck has built. I just know it will pay off on the scoreboard.
That's what I noticed too. Genuinely happy for him across the entire room. I think I just picked up an oar and am ready to start rowing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Agree that this group is very cohesive and enthusiastic. Even saw that in practice the other day, they are really pulling for each other.
I disagree that Fleck built it. He has certainly added to the equation, but those who were here last year were a cohesive group already and the ones who are new are being welcomed in by them.

So happy for him and Mom's reaction was priceless. Love PJ's scholarship reveals - they are Elite!

Agree that this group is very cohesive and enthusiastic. Even saw that in practice the other day, they are really pulling for each other.
I disagree that Fleck built it. He has certainly added to the equation, but those who were here last year were a cohesive group already and the ones who are new are being welcomed in by them.

Yeah I wouldn't read a lot into the players reaction because players go nuts in all these scholarship reveal videos. The thing that makes this one stand out to me is that they gave a scholarship to a a walk-on that earned his scholarship based more on what he has done off the field as opposed to what he has done on it.

Is this a clue he is going to be getting some PT? Great story either way!

Is there a non-snappyTV version that we could view on our iPad? Can't view the Flash videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a non-snappyTV version that we could view on our iPad? Can't view the Flash videos.

I found it at the Gopher Football Facebook page.

Put the YouTube app on your iPad and search Justin's name and scholarship

Highlighted on SC last night. I don't think this program has ever gotten as much positive national pub as it has in the last eight months. I've been pretty lukewarm on PJ , but I'm starting to come around.

Thanks for posting, I couldn't find it on YouTube.

Highlighted on SC last night. I don't think this program has ever gotten as much positive national pub as it has in the last eight months. I've been pretty lukewarm on PJ , but I'm starting to come around.

PJ will be on SC AM at 7:45 today.

PJ will be on SC AM at 7:45 today.

Pretty nice little segment with Justin. Just under 10 minutes of national tv time for the program. Pretty impressive what the marketing dept and PJ are doing when it comes to coverage lately.

Looks like the segment will run again at 8.37 am

Anybody watch the video of Justin thanking Gentry for the scholarship?:rolleyes: On a serious note: Great story, great marketing!!!

This story is getting a lot of positive reaction around the state, including comments like this on Facebook:

I haven't been to Gopher game since I was in high school back in the 70's. this awesome act just made me a fan again. I'm going to get to at least one game this year!

Love how he basically shrugged off the jab from the SC guys about wearing a suit

This story is getting a lot of positive reaction around the state, including comments like this on Facebook:

I haven't been to Gopher game since I was in high school back in the 70's. this awesome act just made me a fan again. I'm going to get to at least one game this year!

I like the sound of that. Thanks for sharing.

The frustrating thing for me is this kind of thing has been going on for many years and if people paid any attention they would know that. Unfortunately not enough people do. I am not a big fan of the "look at this nice gesture I made" type of statement, but it is probably necessary to market the team.

And congrats to Justin. He definitely deserves it.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I bet he's just wearing the jacket, short & tie.

Shorts or jeans below.

Nope!

DG3jJelXcAAMD0N.jpg:large

The frustrating thing for me is this kind of thing has been going on for many years and if people paid any attention they would know that.

Which thing? The hospital visits or the giving a walk-on a scholarship?

My personal opinion is that other staffs may have had people doing community service and stuff like this, there hasn't been a spotlight on it. Right or wrong, that's just how it is most of the time. I like that the RTB culture rewards service like this. Places more importance on it. It's not just a "oh well it'd be nice if you could do this once in awhile because it helps the kids," but it's also something that can be a learning tool for these college kids, and is something that becomes ingrained in them. And while it's not something you do for recognition, it's nice to be recognized for it, whether that be something as small as a simple shoutout from a coach to getting a scholarship in your 5th year of school or getting interviewed on local and national TV overnight.

Which thing? The hospital visits or the giving a walk-on a scholarship?

My personal opinion is that other staffs may have had people doing community service and stuff like this, there hasn't been a spotlight on it. Right or wrong, that's just how it is most of the time. I like that the RTB culture rewards service like this. Places more importance on it. It's not just a "oh well it'd be nice if you could do this once in awhile because it helps the kids," but it's also something that can be a learning tool for these college kids, and is something that becomes ingrained in them. And while it's not something you do for recognition, it's nice to be recognized for it, whether that be something as small as a simple shoutout from a coach to getting a scholarship in your 5th year of school or getting interviewed on local and national TV overnight.
Both the visits and rewarding walk ons with scholarships. I think the spotlight is good. It's too bad a t-shirt cannon is needed to get the news to show it. Part of the marketing game though.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom