Gophers 17-18 Non-conference

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
Figured now that we are getting stuff, we could start a thread for the NC-schedule portion of the gophers 2017-2018 season.

In the 3 games that we know, it is safe to say I personally am not overwhelmed with the early schedule.

Games are as follows so far

November 25th-Thanksgiving tournament vs. Wake Forest (88 RPI and 15-15 Record last year)
November 26th-Thanksgiving tournament vs. UNLV (107 RPI and 22-10 Record last year) or Hofstra (182 RPI and 13-18 Record last year)
November 29th-@ North Carolina (118 RPI and 15-16 Record last year)

Two ACC opponents I guess could help RPI but the two we are playing are middle to lower part of the conference.

my questions are what will the home game schedule look like and will Marlene ever learn how to make a challenging but not impossible schedule. Two years ago schedule was awful plain and simple and last year's almost seemed like overkill in my mind.

Anyone else have similar feelings or thoughts? Also who are some teams us as fans would like to see the gophers play?

I would like Marlene take the same approach that Richard P. took last year. Schedule a lot of mid and low major teams that were favored to win their conferences. The men's wins against teams like UT-Arlington, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Arkansas State, while not sexy, did help raise their non-conference RPI.

I would like Marlene take the same approach that Richard P. took last year. Schedule a lot of mid and low major teams that were favored to win their conferences. The men's wins against teams like UT-Arlington, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Arkansas State, while not sexy, did help raise their non-conference RPI.

That's pretty much what Stolling's did last season.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Schedule should be out soon. But i know the North Carolina game was already mention. Just saw it on twitter.

Men's non-conference schedule out today. Women's schedule is usually then out a day or two later. Big Ten schedules for both teams "usually" appears sometime during the state fair.

And, sounds like full schedule is due for release later today (both men and women).

Last season's RPI from the NCAA's final nitty gritty report for this years non-conference opponents. Obviously, this years scheduling philosophy differs from last season's.

79 @ Georgetown
91 Wake Forest (in Las Vegas)
116 UNLV (in Las Vegas) or (187) Hofstra
121 @UNC
149 VCU
170 Boston College
189 U C Riverside
203 Xavier
224 @ San Diego
272 Cal Poly
285 Eastern Michigan
302 @ Rhode Island
306 Lehigh

There's a notable stretch of four straight B1G home games in February. Then we hit the road for the finale at Illinois.

11 Feb Penn State
14 Feb Michigan
18 Feb Maryland
20 Feb Indiana

This stretch is preceded by three straight road games

31 Jan @ Wisconsin
4 Feb @ Iowa
8 Feb @ Purdue

Top Bottom