Fleck on QB battle: “I can’t say I’m favoring one or the other...right down middle"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Fleck on QB battle: “I can’t say I’m favoring one or the other...right down middle"

per Greder:

UPDATE ON QB COMPETITION

Fleck said Saturday’s closed scrimmage will be “big” for determining the team’s starting quarterback after they face live reps. Demry Croft and Conor Rhoda are currently competing for the position.

“I can’t say I’m favoring one or the other,” Fleck added Tuesday. “It’s still right down the middle.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/0...infield-jr-tweaks-hamstring-carted-off-field/

Go Gophers!!

Well it worked for King Solomon

The first two choices are still the first two choices after a week so it seems that there will be no surprises. I suspect that we'll know who the starter is by this time next week.

If he hasn't picked yet or doesn't want to say then I guess this is what you say.

I kinda really want to hear about how someone stands out, because if they're not standing out, i'm worried.

If he hasn't picked yet or doesn't want to say then I guess this is what you say.

I kinda really want to hear about how someone stands out, because if they're not standing out, i'm worried.

Yeah, it's not like he's been saying "They're both so good I have no idea how to choose!".

Croft is standing out from the practice I saw and things I've read. Could be that there are other factors that matter to the coaches that we can't see. But in terms of ability, it's Croft.

And if - just saying if - the two are dead even - then what? I mean, it's possible that neither candidate has an advantage over the other because neither one has an advantage over the other.

If that is the case, then what? Flip a coin? Rock, paper scissors? Gopher hole meltdown?

And if - just saying if - the two are dead even - then what? I mean, it's possible that neither candidate has an advantage over the other because neither one has an advantage over the other.

If that is the case, then what? Flip a coin? Rock, paper scissors? Gopher hole meltdown?

Indian lag wrestling.

But seriously, go with the younger guy then.

Yeah - I would really like Croft to start to separate himself in this competition because Rhoda probably wouldn't start for any other D1 team in the country.

Yeah - I would really like Croft to start to separate himself in this competition because Rhoda probably wouldn't start for any other D1 team in the country.

Moving from Gopher Homer to "Anti-Gopher Hyperbole Artist" again huh? :rolleyes:

Go over to the practice observation thread on yesterday's practice. Sounds like they both are playing solid and are pretty equal.

Thumb wrestle?

Hopefully someone stands out. This is what he's supposed to say though, competition brings out the best in everyone

Go with the senior.

In Sids column today, he predicted Croft.

Top Bottom