Official Celebration for the "Maturi Pavilion" Naming-Sept. 2

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/080817aaa.html

The University of Minnesota today announced that it will celebrate the official re-naming of the University’s Sports Pavilion in honor of former athletics director Joel Maturi on Saturday, Sep. 2. The formal name for the facility will be the Joel Maturi University Sports Pavilion and the building’s exterior will bear the name “Maturi Pavilion.” Signs above the west and south entrances of the facility will be unveiled as part of a brief public ceremony beginning at 5 p.m., prior to the Gopher Volleyball’s 7 p.m. match that evening against Tennessee.

“I am thankful that the Honor's Committee, President Kaler and the Board of Regents decided to recognize the ten-year transitional period of Gopher Athletics during which time I was blessed to be the Director of Athletics,” said Maturi. “This naming is a reflection of the talented and dedicated staff, coaches and athletes who lived the ‘We Are Minnesota’ way. I share this honor with them.

“I have truly been blessed in my athletics journey,” added Maturi. “This is certainly the apex.”

Top Bottom