How many regular season games do you expect the Gophers to win this year?

How many regular season games do you expect the Gophers to win this season?

• 10 plus

Votes: 9 7.2%

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • 7-8

Votes: 75 60.0%

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • less than 6

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the plus side, I can't wait for the post-season thread where people argue about who had the most accurate prediction about the season.

Of course, Trump and the fat guy in North Korea could start a nuclear war, and college Football could be the least of our worries.

Now that would be the most "Gopher" outcome of all time - the Gophers have a great year, are one game away from the Rose Bowl, and a nuclear war breaks out, cancelling the rest of the season. If we still had internet capability, imagine those threads.

On the plus side, I can't wait for the post-season thread where people argue about who had the most accurate prediction about the season.

Of course, Trump and the fat guy in North Korea could start a nuclear war, and college Football could be the least of our worries.

Now that would be the most "Gopher" outcome of all time - the Gophers have a great year, are one game away from the Rose Bowl, and a nuclear war breaks out, cancelling the rest of the season. If we still had internet capability, imagine those threads.

Nice thought!

Suddenly I'm not so worried about win total. Thanks SON.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, I think at least we could win six, we have a good shot at winning seven and if lots of things go well we could get eight.For the non-conference, I certainly think we could get three wins. However, I could see the team dropping against Oregon State.
I sort of have the same thoughts about the next three. The team could certainly win all three, but at the same time, I'm never one to underestimate Dantonio's coaching, so I could see that as a possible loss.
Illinois should be a win. Lovie Smith has had success but I don't think he'll have the Illini there yet.
The rest of the season will be certainly tough. The road trips I can see being losses, but the team could rebound with Nebraska.
Regardless of how things shakeout this season, I'm really hopeful we can win back some trophies, especially that damn axe.

Just noticed this on the front page of Gopherhole. Good until people start voting again I guess.

What will the Gophers regular season record be in Fleck's first year?

12-0 - 4%

11-1 - 1%

10-2 - 4%

9-3 - 14%

8-4 - 30%

7-5 - 30%

6-6 - 9%

5-7 - 3%

Less than 5 wins - 4%

Total Votes: 626

http://www.gopherhole.com

What a typical "Minnesotan" thread. Ugh.

"I think we'll be great but I have a feeling that we will suck". Funny, but I pull for the team every week and expect us to win. We don't always win, but it sure is fun.

Expecting a disaster is such a waste of energy and sooooo Minnesotan. Double ugh.

"Fat Man and Little Boy" could be the name of a tv show or a prescient/past is prologue naming coincidence .

For some (troll) reason this topic came into the "Fleck is on KFAN" thread. :D

Thought people might want to take another look.

Ouch. I think I am going to be a little disappointed. I said 6 min.

I'd say the 4% who thought we'd win less than 6 games were and still are pessimists. Versus having some superior reasoning ability. :eek:

I was part of the 7-8 wins.

Call me a Fleck apoligest (sp) I don't care. I believe in the process. Shoot he has only been here half a season and people are already giving up on him.

I'd say the 4% who thought we'd win less than 6 games were and still are pessimists. Versus having some superior reasoning ability.

Probably just the trolls predicting <6. Or extremely pessimistic or superstitious fans.

Unless you were inside the program and knew that suspensions were going to come, or you knew that we would lose every member of our starting secondary for multiple games, predicting us to win <6 games at the start of the season was not reasonable or particularly bright.

Probably just the trolls predicting <6. Or extremely pessimistic or superstitious fans.

Unless you were inside the program and knew that suspensions were going to come, or you knew that we would lose every member of our starting secondary for multiple games, predicting us to win <6 games at the start of the season was not reasonable or particularly bright.

I predicted 6, but I think it was easy to make an argument for less than 6 wins before the season started. The QB question was an obvious hindrance to the success of the team, and the fact that Rhoda and Croft saw virtually no playing time during the last season was a bad sign. The team always had some obvious warts coming into this year, add in the coaching change and it would be perfectly reasonable to see less than 6 wins.

It looks as though only 4% of GH'ers will be proven to qualified great football minds!!!

It looks as though only 4% of GH'ers will be proven to qualified great football minds!!!

you might even have a hidden badger fan in there messing with us too, so it may even be less great football minds in GH

Man was I wrong on this one. Ugh.

I thought Fleck would be a better coach. My bad. The boys are trying, and still a shot at 6-7 wins.

I couldn’t understand why people were predicting 7 to 9 wins?? This is a below average B1G Football team. Even with no injuries, we lack the talent at key positions to reach 7 wins. I thought we would lose one of three non conference games and maybe beat MD.
I think that the coaching staff has done a good job keeping us in games with the injuries, lack of depth, limited talent pool.
We will have better young players next year hopefully 6 wins. Maybe 7.
2019 will be a breakout year.
My advice. . . Change your best in tailgating.

I couldn’t understand why people were predicting 7 to 9 wins?? This is a below average B1G Football team. Even with no injuries, we lack the talent at key positions to reach 7 wins. I thought we would lose one of three non conference games and maybe beat MD.
I think that the coaching staff has done a good job keeping us in games with the injuries, lack of depth, limited talent pool.

I predicted 9 because I underestimated MD and Purdue, and didn't think MSU would bounce back quite as quickly. Winning those games would have put us undefeated into Iowa, and I was sure the momentum would get us 2 more down the stretch (especially with Nebraska and NW). I was wrong and I admit that. I still think we pick up 1 or 2 down the stretch, but I'm not as confident as I once was.

Maybe the team can pull it together to get one upset this year, to give us a glimpse of what this team could be, but maybe not. If they do, it better be vs Wisconsin.

Man, you really nailed this season. Spot on. Very well done.

I missed this one, but predicted every single game in CFB correct last week. I never understood why folks didn't see how obvious every game was last week.

I predicted 9 because I underestimated MD and Purdue, and didn't think MSU would bounce back quite as quickly. Winning those games would have put us undefeated into Iowa, and I was sure the momentum would get us 2 more down the stretch (especially with Nebraska and NW). I was wrong and I admit that. I still think we pick up 1 or 2 down the stretch, but I'm not as confident as I once was.

Maybe the team can pull it together to get one upset this year, to give us a glimpse of what this team could be, but maybe not. If they do, it better be vs Wisconsin.

Got it. MD has been recruiting very well and has increased team speed considerably. I was surprised. They will be a force in the next few years.
If MidTen’s QB and all-everything WR would have been healthy we would have struggled beating them. Got lucky with injuries..
Brohm walked into a team that is a bit older in key positions and they’ve had some luck. They have better players than us this year. Not next year.
MSU, again, had better players on the field. NE and NW same thing.
Bottom line. . . . you think our players are better than I do. I think we’ve got some positions with players that are not B1G caliber.
If we can pull off a win in these last 4 games it would be a great sign that we’re heading in the right direction.
One sign of a good coach is the team improves/gets better by the end of the season. Let’s see how that goes.
I’m having fun watching our young guys improve. Some have really gotten better.

Hi all.
I got banned as well.
I was also saying 6 (although I have other posts saying 5-7 or 6-6 because of the question at QB play.

Cookie?

Hi all.
I got banned as well.
I was also saying 6 (although I have other posts saying 5-7 or 6-6 because of the question at QB play.

Cookie?

I've never seen someone come back from a ban before! I thought all bans of GH were permanent.

I've never seen someone come back from a ban before! I thought all bans of GH were permanent.

I've been banned twice on here.

This last time I bumped two threads.
One was regarding "PJ Fleck to Purdue". I bumped it because I thought it was interesting reading the comments from some posters about PJ prior to knowing we would land him.
I forgot what the other thread was. I think it had something to do with me saying our QB play might not be good and we likely will finish at 5-7.

They banned me through the end of this football season but I got it reduced fortunately.

The first time I got banned, I forget what the reason was exactly, but I was being too negative / trolling, so I have to work on that.

Top Bottom